• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 Fantasy Golf Season

Tank

1 hour ago, tomsred said:

Okay, I'm ready to get this tournament underway before I change my roster for about the 25th time.

Can anyone explain to me why Jordan Spieth and Justin Rose are B-List players?

No clue...but the lists do change from week to week over the season.

These events are tough because there's no cut. Sometimes pays to keep your line-up the same regardless of how they do in the first couple rounds, unless a bench guy has a shot at hitting the trifecta

23 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Montezuma getting some revenge on whitey...Stenson just withdrew with stomach ailments, of course I started him and had Sergio on my bench (both were C list ) so Sergio better not drink the water or I'm screwed.

i'm in the same boat, but fortunately i started sergio yesterday instead of the big swede.

this will be one of the few times i root for sergio to do well.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm in the same boat, but fortunately i started sergio yesterday instead of the big swede.

this will be one of the few times i root for sergio to do well.

Sergio is playing well...and a few of these guys are figuring this track out today. Lots of drained chips and short shots. Lefty is on a tear. 

More approach shots and sand shots going in. Rory holes one from the fairway for a 2 on a par 4 and others. I've never seen so many in one day.

That said, Matsyama can suck it. EVERY TIME I play the guy he blows chunks everywhere, and when I don't he is top 10.

Screw him. 

How did you guy's like the Thomas hole-in-one?  If it didn't go in he would have been off the back of the green, looking at a likely bogey, and that's a three shot swing.  And what if Johnson's ball had decided to dropout of the tree about 30 seconds sooner, he would likely have had the lead.  Between the two players those two events are a five shot swing, such are the vagaries of golf.

39 minutes ago, tomsred said:

How did you guy's like the Thomas hole-in-one?  If it didn't go in he would have been off the back of the green, looking at a likely bogey, and that's a three shot swing.  And what if Johnson's ball had decided to dropout of the tree about 30 seconds sooner, he would likely have had the lead.  Between the two players those two events are a five shot swing, such are the vagaries of golf.

I've played Thomas twice, and neither time did he do anything. DJ the same thing. I hope they both get stomach issues tomorrow, turm green, double over, and WD.

That said, the event itself has been really fun to watch.

8 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I've played Thomas twice, and neither time did he do anything. DJ the same thing. I hope they both get stomach issues tomorrow, turm green, double over, and WD.

That said, the event itself has been really fun to watch.

Yes, it's been great TV fun!  As for the stomach issues, I wouldn't bet against it given what we've seen so far.

6 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Yes, it's been great TV fun!  As for the stomach issues, I wouldn't bet against it given what we've seen so far.

Something like 60 hole-ins from off the green, with a whole nother round to go. A record is gonna be set. If I had known about the po greens I would have played the west coast boys rather than the internationals..internationals and easterners can't play po greens.

5 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Something like 60 hole-ins from off the green, with a whole nother round to go. A record is gonna be set. If I had known about the po greens I would have played the west coast boys rather than the internationals..internationals and easterners can't play po greens.

Yeah, that's a good point on the po greens.  Plus the international guys and their caddies must be going a little goofy translating meters to yards, and discounting for altitude.  I think the aprons and surrounding hazards on the greens on this course aren't quite as tough many others of the page tour, or in Europe.  That doesn't explain some of the longer pitch shots that have had substantial spin and have gone in though.  I thought Michelson's round was crazy, he only hit 8 greens in regulation, got some great breaks in the shrubbery on rulings, and dropped three shots from off the green to shoot 3 under, amazing!

33 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Yeah, that's a good point on the po greens.  Plus the international guys and their caddies must be going a little goofy translating meters to yards, and discounting for altitude.  I think the aprons and surrounding hazards on the greens on this course aren't quite as tough many others of the page tour, or in Europe.  That doesn't explain some of the longer pitch shots that have had substantial spin and have gone in though.  I thought Michelson's round was crazy, he only hit 8 greens in regulation, got some great breaks in the shrubbery on rulings, and dropped three shots from off the green to shoot 3 under, amazing!

Phil got some huge breaks from official rulings today. Twice he was deep in bushes and got relief from some sprinkler heads that were in those bushes...yeah he is a master scrambler, but at some point his reckless, off line, tee shots will catch up to him. He's gotten some wink-nods from the officials that people who weren't Phil wouldn't get...IMO of course.

Tomorrow will be great fun...it's anyones tournament at this point. They have the distances down so whoever gets the putter working the best will win.

I like Thomas, Rory, Rahm, Pieters, and Spieth..and out of all of them I think Spieth and Thomas are the better putters. Rory might end up giving himself better looks because his short game is just so damn good... and he can play in wind which late groups have to do. Phils breaks have run out..

Thomas, Rory, Rahm, Pieters, and Spieth...if I had to lay money on one of those I'd take Rory.

I'm not taking DJ's short game seriously yet, but he is surprising me every week, and at some point I may be forced to admit that he has touch that compares to the best out there..but I'm not ready to do that yet...and certainly not on po greens..but if he can putt well enough to win this one I might be ready to concede. 

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Phil got some huge breaks from official rulings today. Twice he was deep in bushes and got relief from some sprinkler heads that were in those bushes...yeah he is a master scrambler, but at some point his reckless, off line, tee shots will catch up to him. He's gotten some wink-nods from the officials that people who weren't Phil wouldn't get...IMO of course.

Tomorrow will be great fun...it's anyones tournament at this point. They have the distances down so whoever gets the putter working the best will win.

I like Thomas, Rory, Rahm, Pieters, and Spieth..and out of all of them I think Spieth and Thomas are the better putters. Rory might end up giving himself better looks because his short game is just so damn good... and he can play in wind which late groups have to do. Phils breaks have run out..

Thomas, Rory, Rahm, Pieters, and Spieth...if I had to lay money on one of those I'd take Rory.

I'm not taking DJ's short game seriously yet, but he is surprising me every week, and at some point I may be forced to admit that he has touch that compares to the best out there..but I'm not ready to do that yet...and certainly not on po greens..but if he can putt well enough to win this one I might be ready to concede. 

I have Johnson tomorrow, I've stuck with him for all four rounds.  Spieth is a good choice as well, but I've overused him in earlier weeks, so I had to keep my fingers off of him this week.  I need to rest some good players so I can have them available down the line.  I agree with you on Phil, he can't crash around that course like he did today, it will catch up to him.  I've overused Thomas so far so I laid off him this week, but he's a good bet.  Rory surprised me, I thought he wouldn't have the stamina to play this well after a six week layoff for his cracked rib, but he sure looks fully healthy.  He might be a really good Masters bet if he continues playing this well, as it appears he's got some new found length on his drives.

Do you know if the points are jacked up in this game for the four majors, or are they the same as every other week?

10 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I have Johnson tomorrow, I've stuck with him for all four rounds.  Spieth is a good choice as well, but I've overused him in earlier weeks, so I had to keep my fingers off of him this week.  I need to rest some good players so I can have them available down the line.  I agree with you on Phil, he can't crash around that course like he did today, it will catch up to him.  I've overused Thomas so far so I laid off him this week, but he's a good bet.  Rory surprised me, I thought he wouldn't have the stamina to play this well after a six week layoff for his cracked rib, but he sure looks fully healthy.  He might be a really good Masters bet if he continues playing this well, as it appears he's got some new found length on his drives.

Do you know if the points are jacked up in this game for the four majors, or are they the same as every other week?

They are the same as any other week.