• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 Fantasy Golf Season

Tank

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

@Adam

The leader after 6 holes @ -2 is...you guessed it....PAT PEREZ

That's a funny one for me.  I actually played with Pat Perez at Torrey Pines around 1992 while he was in Torrey Pines high school in a casual pick up round.  I lived about 4 miles from Torrey Pines for 17 years, and used to play there all the time when not working.  At that time he could already hit the ball a mile, but usually no where near a fairway.  My wife also finds it amusing as she taught at Torrey Pines High School at the time when he was a typical geeky high schooler.  It took him a while to find some consistency as he bloomed much later than most kids.  Arizona State probably helped him sort out things as well.  It's really hard for me to believe he's already 40 years old. 

Can we do both, have a points winner and a tournaments winner?

Things will get tougher this week with it being a full field event.  A lot of players who haven't played tour events the last few months will be in the field.  That will introduce more unpredictability.

8 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

That's as close a fantasy finish as any tournament from last year. Are we going to go by points instead of wins this season, since we have more players?

i'm open to using both points and tournaments won.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

i'm open to using both points and tournaments won.

17 hours ago, tomsred said:

Can we do both, have a points winner and a tournaments winner?

Things will get tougher this week with it being a full field event.  A lot of players who haven't played tour events the last few months will be in the field.  That will introduce more unpredictability.

Good with me...Commish?

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Man I've been awful the last two weeks

it's a complete crapshoot until they hit the florida swing. some guys bust out, guys you've never really paid attention to, while the stars sometimes don't really start shining until march. these first two months are always tough.

it's even tougher when you choose a player on a complete whim, you bench him, and then he goes out and shoots 59.

it's tough NOT to pick tiger for this week, being as how he's won only 8 times at torrey pines.

as always, the big question is what kind of shape is his game in. if it's in good shape, you have to seriously consider him for this week.

unless, of course, his glutes aren't activated.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

it's tough NOT to pick tiger for this week, being as how he's won only 8 times at torrey pines.

as always, the big question is what kind of shape is his game in. if it's in good shape, you have to seriously consider him for this week.

unless, of course, his glutes aren't activated.

His 08 US Open win there was a classic. The playoff with Rocco Mediate ( I was SO rooting for Rocco).

Tiger owned that course back when he was king...but he is no longer king, so I'll watch one.

Makes the early season tough. Hard to know how guys making their first starts of the season are playing. I'm using one first time starter this week, but not telling who. 

On 1/24/2017 at 3:18 PM, Homebrewer said:

His 08 US Open win there was a classic. The playoff with Rocco Mediate ( I was SO rooting for Rocco).

Tiger owned that course back when he was king...but he is no longer king, so I'll watch one.

Makes the early season tough. Hard to know how guys making their first starts of the season are playing. I'm using one first time starter this week, but not telling who. 

Agree, we don't have much 2017 history to get a feel on who might be fully ready to take this one.  Tiger's injuries since 2008 makes it hard  for me to believe he can be competitive over four rounds.  Plus he's making a significant equipment change this year to TaylorMade.  I read today that he said it was quite a challenge because he can't hit the hundreds of balls each day (due to his injuries) to get a real feel with his new equipment.  The flip side is that he's played so many rounds on those two courses to know every square inch.  But hurting that is the North course (he only has to play it once though) has been completely redone (especially the greens, redone with Bent grass, and enlarged).

This one might be wide-open.