• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The World Baseball Classic

Second Base

Don't see many other contributors from the team, unless they sign one of Jansen, Melancon, or Chapman(all who could be closers for their represented countries)

On the WBC:

Had a blast at the ones at Angel stadium.

Caught Korea vs Mexico and Korea vs Japan. Adam would have been proud at the showing Korea had for their games. 

Speaking of the international scene, if anyone is up late and missing baseball Japan is playing the Netherlands at the moment. It features Shoehi Otani, DHing. He's already homered off Jair Jurrjens (it went about 20 rows back to the alley in right center) and nearly beat out a routine ground ball to second base.

Stream here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njjcmCIq0kM

8 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Speaking of the international scene, if anyone is up late and missing baseball Japan is playing the Netherlands at the moment. It features Shoehi Otani, DHing. He's already homered off Jair Jurrjens (it went about 20 rows back to the alley in right center) and nearly beat out a routine ground ball to second base.

Stream here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njjcmCIq0kM

The piece! Get it done Eppy!

17 hours ago, ukyah said:

the sarcasm drips off this, but i actually like the wbc.

I've always supported the WBC on AW because the games are a blast, especially between rivals. I'll start going to Halo games again if they bring an energy level at least half of what I experienced at WBC games. I'll have to wait to the Angels to make the playoffs so it might be a while.

The WBC is always fun in my opinion. I like seeing the absolute best each country has to offer talent-wise (assuming the right players agree to participate). I also enjoy coming back to the realization every few years that the Dutch really won the shit out of the post-WWII decolonization movement. You could even make an argument that they just straight up won colonialism. Very sneaky.

1 hour ago, Don said:

The WBC is always fun in my opinion. I like seeing the absolute best each country has to offer talent-wise (assuming the right players agree to participate). I also enjoy coming back to the realization every few years that the Dutch really won the shit out of the post-WWII decolonization movement. You could even make an argument that they just straight up won colonialism. Very sneaky.

i have absolutely no idea what you're referencing.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

I think the Netherlands relative success in the WBC, seeing as they're technically a European Country. 

The Italians were pretty solid too. My best man was one of their relievers.

Namely that the Netherlands still has the lesser Antilles.

On 11/15/2016 at 1:11 PM, Don said:

The Dutch have always preferred to play sneaky and behind the scenes. Even in the Colonial Era they were manipulators and conspirators rather than powerful oppressors. Smart bunch, those Dutch.

I always like to see the Orange do well.