• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The World Baseball Classic

Second Base

19 hours ago, xboom28x said:

Selfish fans who hope that none of their favorite teams players play in an exhibition event are a hoot. Screw what the players hopes and dreams are, right? At the rate the Angels are going, Team USA might be their only chance at winning something.

Let them play

Actually,  I wanted to see Harper and Trout on the same lineup...  I just don't want Pujols in it because when you age,  getting back into shape takes longer and if you rush,  it could lead to injuries. 

Went to WBC games about two/ three years ago when they were played at AT&T in SF.  Games were a blast/ atmosphere at the Puerto Rico/ Japan game was electric.

For MLB teams, the games carry an injury risk -- the year we went Angel Pagan of the SF GIants, got hurt and was out much of the first half of the season.

Simmons playing for the Netherlands team?  The year we went, there was concern that attendance at the WBC playoff round games would be down because some may recall the USA team got eliminated before the WBC games left the Arizona round.  After watching Puerto Rico beat in Japan in a great game -- the next game involving Netherlands wasn't as exciting......if I remember right, the non-traditional brackets for the series was a bit weird and Netherlands team was in sort of a weak bracket.....by the time they made the playoff round they were not a very good team and were over-matched.