• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Anniversary

Spirit

Still the best baseball game I ever attended in person..and one of the few times I just knew a team was going to come back from deep in the jaws of defeat in a must win game. They had done it all season. 

Sure was a fun night, having tickets for the next day and staying at the Doubletree across the street. The Giants were staying at the Hilton, but a lot of media and ex-players were staying at the Dtree. Saw Russ Ortiz being interviewed by Joe Morgan in the lobby that next morning...didn't really stay to watch as I was headed to the restaurant to get my GF and I some much needed bloody marys.

What a week...hell.. what a month.

Note:

The Angels lost game 1 in that series, one of the very few in the past 30-or-so years to do that and then win the series.

Hopefully it happens again this year!

I was at work (at a restaurant right after college), and feeling despondent after they went down 5-0. We didn't have TV's in the bar, but with 2 on in the 7th, my manager let me go next door to watch it. I'm not sure if I missed the Speizio shot but I watched the Erstad HR and from then on. 

Now this is art - 

Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
San Francisco 0 0 0 0 3 1 1 0 0 5 8 1
Anaheim 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 X 6 10 1
WP: Brendan Donnelly (1–0)   LP: Tim Worrell (1–1)   Sv: Troy Percival (2)
Home runs:
SF: Shawon Dunston (1), Barry Bonds (4)
ANA: Scott Spiezio (1), Darin Erstad (1)

Still the best baseball game I ever attended in person..and one of the few times I just knew a team was going to come back from deep in the jaws of defeat in a must win game. They had done it all season. 

I was at all four home games but I wish I could say I kept the faith halfway through Game 6. I did not. At 5-0, I walked the concourse and moped. Not proud of it.

But after Spezio did his magic my pulse re-emerged. And the events of the bottom of the eighth empowered me to achieve my peak vertical jump back out on the concourse a good 19 years after my last competitive basketball game. That was enjoyable.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Now this is art - 

Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
San Francisco 0 0 0 0 3 1 1 0 0 5 8 1
Anaheim 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 X 6 10 1
WP: Brendan Donnelly (1–0)   LP: Tim Worrell (1–1)   Sv: Troy Percival (2)
Home runs:
SF: Shawon Dunston (1), Barry Bonds (4)
ANA: Scott Spiezio (1), Darin Erstad (1)

During the 7th inning stretch...my GF reached over and stroked my thigh...and asked.."Are you going to be alright?" 

I said "Yeah..I'll be fine...cause they're going to come back"

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

My friends and I were parked next to Russ Ortiz' family in the parking lot before the game.  There was some drinking going on and one of my friends and grandpa Ortiz got in each other's faces.  A 28 year old and an 80 year old man.  It was awesome.  

There was a lot of yelling in Spanish and they pulled the old man back.  Not one of my buddies finest moments.

¡mi abuelito would have thrown unos chingasos!

5 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

During the 7th inning stretch...my GF reached over and stroked my thigh...and asked.."Are you going to be alright?" 

I said "Yeah..I'll be fine...cause they're going to come back"

when we were down 5-0 one of my brothers asked: "anyone wished we had sold our Game 7 tickets now?" ( we could have sold them for thousands)

I said:" F*** no! We'll be here tomorrow" 

Everyone agreed. I'm getting pumped just thinking about it.