• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

this kid

saw an article on a business web page as he was interviewed. 16 year old is essentially a sneaker broker to celebs. genius idea, really.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/benjamin-kickz-sneaker-don.html

while the article is unique, this dudes instagram is hilarious. he's this little jewish kid taking all sorts of pics with/in exotic sports cars, with some of the biggest rappers in hip hop, stacking paper or counting money.....just your run of the mill baller, but 16.

they aren't dropping the prices, my understanding is it's the dealer markups are coming down. so they are selling more closely to MSRP. but that always happens with new, exciting cars where demand exceeds initial supply.

not sure i'd ever buy one, but i like them. i just wish they weren't so back-to-the-future painted.

they're pretty though. see a bunch up here. not nearly as much as tesla's which are everywhere, but you see i8s pretty often.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

they're pretty though. see a bunch up here. not nearly as much as tesla's which are everywhere, but you see i8s pretty often.

speaking of teslas, had a parent come to pick up her kids on monday afternoon. they had the one that looks like an suv. kid goes to get in the backseat and the entire door lifts up like some kind of accordian. it was really fun to see that for the first time.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

speaking of teslas, had a parent come to pick up her kids on monday afternoon. they had the one that looks like an suv. kid goes to get in the backseat and the entire door lifts up like some kind of accordian. it was really fun to see that for the first time.

gullwing doors! like a delorean. they are great. i think musk said a hilariously large amount of R&D resources went into just the doors (safety, usability, etc).

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

they aren't dropping the prices, my understanding is it's the dealer markups are coming down. so they are selling more closely to MSRP. but that always happens with new, exciting cars where demand exceeds initial supply.

not sure i'd ever buy one, but i like them. i just wish they weren't so back-to-the-future painted.

Maybe that's what it is. I don't remember how much he paid but he got it brand new, paid a shitload, and now the cars are the same price as the R8's.

My buddy I work with that knows the owner really well said he constantly goes through high end cars. So for him to tell us he didn't like it held some weight....I'm not a crazy gear head, so I don't know all the specs, etc.

Although, the thing he said he hates the most is the way the doors open and the plastic molding on the inside, it's a bitch to get in and out of. I dig the look though, don't know much about them, just see a lot of them.

I told him to man up and trade it in for a Kia.

Does the kid not have legs? What's with the first photo in that article?

I find it remarkable the blatant ripoffs people use these days for logos. His shirts are a rip off of Supreme. And Supreme rips off everyone. He's also ripped off the Godfather logo. These asshats can't make their own fuc**ng logos without copying someone else's crap? It drives me up the wall. The originality is so gone right now. "Durrrr, let's make a logo that looks like this logo but different, durrrr, that's so boomin' brah..." *vomit*

As for the kid, good for him. He found a market, exploited it, and is gonna be a businessman for the rest of his life. Can't hate on him for that. I'm actually a shoe type of guy, so this kinda makes sense to me. Not gonna lie, I probably have more shoes than most women. I like rare ones that nobody else wears. 

On to the cars: That i8 is ugly as hell and Beemers might be fast or whatever but they really are garbage considering what people pay for them. When I was a valet I hated every single BMW I got into there was always something that bugged me and when someone would say "This one is $100k and this one is $40k" I'd look at both of them and wonder why the hell one was so much more expensive than the other and also who would know by looking at them? The Tesla on the other hand holy friggin hell that car is remarkable I've never been so scared by a car in my life when you push that pedal down it's like the thing is never going to stop accelerating and it's so quiet. It feels like light speed from Star Wars the sensation it gives you on a straight away. 

Even more fun are the Tesla Roadster's that aren't around anymore, I got to get in a couple of those and my gawd. I once had an employee waiting for a ride to come pick him up and the roadster was sitting next to my podium where we stood and I told him "Get in I'll take you for a spin around the lot" and he was fuggin SCREAMING for me to stop because he'd never felt acceleration like that before. A grown man screaming in a car lol. 

19 hours ago, mrwicked said:

I would never buy one.  For the price there are so many options.

On 10/13/2016 at 10:45 AM, mrwicked said:

When the Mazda Miata first came out, dealers in my area were tacking five grand onto the sticker price just because.

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

When the Mazda Miata first came out, dealers in my area were tacking five grand onto the sticker price just because.

i love the scene in Go where its raining and jay mohr and the guy from party of 5 are trying to stuff the girl from dawn of the dead into their trunk. party of 5 guy is like "alright lemme just move this, if we put her leg here, and i can shift this over.."

jay mohr is like "stop!!! it's a miata. she's not gonna fit."

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

i love the scene in Go where its raining and jay mohr and the guy from party of 5 are trying to stuff the girl from dawn of the dead into their trunk. party of 5 guy is like "alright lemme just move this, if we put her leg here, and i can shift this over.."

There's some good scenes in that flick. Love the Vegas car chase. 

On 10/14/2016 at 7:23 PM, mrwicked said:

I watched that movie with Jay Mohr at his house once.  Around 2001.  When he had that Hollywood mocumentary on Fox.  He did a lot of coke that night. 

On 10/12/2016 at 8:53 AM, nate said:

I will never understand the hip hop generation and their love for such fugly shoes.

and uh, how did you happen to be at his house to watch this? were you guys buds or something? were you his dealer?