• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's Official: Scioscia back in 2017

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

i did non stop travel for my first startup, and man after only 6-8 months of living in hotels, flying all over the country non stop, etc i was getting burnt out. 2 days in dallas, one day in austin, 3 days in nyc, 2 days in boston, home in SF for 3 days, three weeks in compton, up to seattle for 1 day, etc. its brutal and really wears you out. granted i might party a little bit harder than scioscia i would imagine. 

can't fathom doing that for almost two decades. 

What startup did you work on in Compton NWA?

Do players really get to the stadium at 12:30 for a 7pm game? That seems a little overkill and I could see that taking a toll on a person. I wouldn't think a manager needs that much time to prep for a game, but what do I know. I thought they get there like 3-4 hours before a game. 

13 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Do players really get to the stadium at 12:30 for a 7pm game? That seems a little overkill and I could see that taking a toll on a person. I wouldn't think a manager needs that much time to prep for a game, but what do I know. I thought they get there like 3-4 hours before a game. 

Its fluid, but most get there and get their workout in, then hit, watch filmand do all that stuff, etc. Plus eat, shower, x y and z. I dont think its a hard "1230", but they are generally there no later than 2 at the latest.

Add to that if they have appearances or anything like that.

Its not "killer", but i think they only get somewhere like 5 or so off days a year at home..most off days are travel days.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's also tied for 9th for most playoff appearances by a manager..   So are the losses on him but the appearances because the team?   How does that work?  

it works only to fit his narrative.  He didn't even pick the right stat.  A far more convincing one would be w/l% in the post season.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

it works only to fit his narrative.  He didn't even pick the right stat.  A far more convincing one would be w/l% in the post season.  

No clue if this guy is a Moddon-phile or not, but pointing to W/L% might work against the other common narrative..... Can't have that.

BTW, I would like to point out some things that have happened in these playoffs just in the first few games.  Not all are bad moves, but very controversial if they don't work. 

Showalter leaving his closer on the bench 

Boche starting Connor Gillaspie and looking like a genius.  

Bannister leaving in Hamels to give up 7 runs when he clearly had nothing.  

Bannister leaving in Darvish to give up 4hrs.  

Francona bringing in Miller in the 5th inning. 

Farrell leaving in Porcello in to give up 3 hrs.  

Brock Holt in the 2 spot last night after only having him there like 5 times all year?

Ezekial Carrera at leadoff for the Jays with Travis on the bench?

Every one of these moves would be met with massive handwringing if it were MS making them.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

BTW, I would like to point out some things that have happened in these playoffs just in the first few games.  Not all are bad moves, but very controversial if they don't work. 

Showalter leaving his closer on the bench 

Boche starting Connor Gillaspie and looking like a genius.  

Bannister leaving in Hamels to give up 7 runs when he clearly had nothing.  

Bannister leaving in Darvish to give up 4hrs.  

Francona bringing in Miller in the 5th inning. 

Farrell leaving in Porcello in to give up 3 hrs.  

Brock Holt in the 2 spot last night after only having him there like 5 times all year?

Ezekial Carrera at leadoff for the Jays with Travis on the bench?

Every one of these moves would be met with massive handwringing if it were MS making them.  

How about Choo sitting on the bench today because of pitching match ups. 

I'd agree there was no doubt Scioscia was returning in 2017.  Forget the injuries, GMs, and other excuses the AW aristocracy offers to cover Scioscia, Moreno isn't going to fire the manager of a team that brings 3 million through his turnstiles every season.  One (very brief) playoff appearance in 7yrs, no problem.  Marginally competitive, no problem.  20K average attendance, that might be a problem.