• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Playoff Thread

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

The Rangers are more like an 85 win team that happened to get lucky in 10 one-run games. The Marinera, Astros, and Rangers are all about equal, and the Angels really aren't that far behind. 

Agree on the Rangers, but I see the Astros as likely to get much better next year. They have room to make a few moves and should have been better this year than they were. I'd be surprised if the Astros don't win 90 next year and could see them being closer to 95.

40 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Agree on the Rangers, but I see the Astros as likely to get much better next year. They have room to make a few moves and should have been better this year than they were. I'd be surprised if the Astros don't win 90 next year and could see them being closer to 95.

Lol

5 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Lol

"People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. The authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it."

http://psych.colorado.edu/~vanboven/teaching/p7536_heurbias/p7536_readings/kruger_dunning.pdf

I'm increasingly convinced you were one of the subjects examined for this research.

Hah, and yet you don't see yourself as the guy passing himself off as an expert.

Trolldaddy is a fan and doesn't pretend to be anything more. You on the other hand want to play some alphadog stats game in every thread.

But glad you at least brought the matter up for discussion, albeit in the wrong forum.

3 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

"People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. The authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it."

http://psych.colorado.edu/~vanboven/teaching/p7536_heurbias/p7536_readings/kruger_dunning.pdf

I'm increasingly convinced you were one of the subjects examined for this research.

3 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

But last year, everyone was saying Houston would win that many games (as well as the AL West).

Those people are the ones who reached erroneous conclusions 

9 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Oh, I'm sorry ... did I not do it right. Let me try again ...

hahahahaha 

You been doing that a lot lately to many posters here.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Interesting. Francona opting to take his guy out early, rather than seeing how long he can go...

I love the short leash with Bauer and I love the aggressive, early use of Miller.

And sure enough, as I'm typing, the best reliever in baseball gives up a hit. Maybe Buck was right.

8 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Interesting article. Basically people delude themselves into thinking they are superior in some social or intellectual facet and their beliefs are reinforced because they're too stupid to know the difference. Yeah, sounds about right to me. I'm talking about people I know personally. This explains a lot, lol.

Just now, Oz27 said:

I love the short leash with Bauer and I love the aggressive, early use of Miller.

And sure enough, as I'm typing, the best reliever in baseball gives up a hit. Maybe Buck was right.

I like leaning on Millar, but I don't know how good the Indians pen is. They will need at least another 6+ outs after Miller is out of the game.