• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident

Oz27

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I've driven recklessly while drunk and also been in a car with someone else driving recklessly. Those things occurred some 35-40 years ago, so I guess that makes me a former shithead.

I'll still say Rest in Peace for these people, but I'll agree that the media commemorations get out of hand.

Yk thinks you should be dead. 

I can't believe you're that thick headed that it has to be broken down for you. You even said it yourself:

7 hours ago, Lou said:

oh, a little info for you - drinking and getting behind the wheel of a car is the shear definition of reckless driving. 

But apparently for you, drinking and getting behind the wheel of a boat isn't?

Not to mention the boat was going full speed approaching the jetty.

If these 2 things aren't the very definition of being reckless, I don't know what is. 

@yk9001

It's not fair to be so callous towards a young man who paid the ultimate price for his mistakes. Jose got into an argument with his girlfriend and was probably hoping his buddies could cheer him up. Maybe he trusted his friends too much?  

4 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I can't believe you're that thick headed that it has to be broken down for you. You even said it yourself:

But apparently for you, drinking and getting behind the wheel of a boat isn't?

Not to mention the boat was going full speed approaching the jetty.

If these 2 things aren't the very definition of being reckless, I don't know what is. 

hey, numbskull, if you read my original post, which I know you did because you were quoting from it, I stated the following:

12 hours ago, Lou said:

I have no idea how reckless the other person was driving the boat. perhaps you can post a link so I can learn exactly how reckless they truly were. 

" I have no idea HOW reckless..."  The word "how" signifies a measurement/extent of the recklessness. 

I then asked for a link so I could read the info (and the source) on what has been officially determined.  I'm sorry, but: "not to mention the boat was going full speed approaching the jetty" posted on a baseball message board isn't an official determination. 

So once again, you get your panties in a wad and pop off for no reason. It's par for the course with you and everyone has grown accustomed to it. I mean, who can forget this gem? :

On October 25, 2016 at 8:30 PM, CaliAngel said:

How much crapping the bed do you have to do as an umpire to NOT be able to call a World Series game if after all his sucking they still let stupid fat dogshit faced Joe West call a game? 

... followed by absolute silence when you were informed that, in fact, it wasn't West calling the game. 

So get your rest, wake up, shine your safety helmet and go sit on the curb and wait for the special work van to arrive so you can go greet the wonderful shoppers at Walmart.

Edited by Lou

Blah blah blah more bologna vomit coming from Lou going into semantics to break down his words like he didn't say what he said. 

Drinking, getting behind a wheel, in Lou's own words, counts as "reckless." And that's what happened with this boating accident. And then Lou comes to task with people on the board after an article states EVERYONE ON THE BOAT had alcohol in their system like "How was this reckless?" Even after it's been mentioned time and time again that not only had everyone on board the boat been drinking, but whoever was driving the boat was speeding in the pitch black of night towards a jetty. Unreal. Doesn't sound reckless to me at all, nope, no way. 

The links with everything I've mentioned are in this thread. Click them. Read them. I'm not your babysitter, Lou. 

So Joe West wasn't behind the plate that game, god forbid I goofed. He still has an impact on the game with his idiotic umpiring no matter where he's at. My comment was more a testament that the asshat does not belong calling any plays in any game in MLB, most especially the World Series. I don't think there's a person on this board that disagrees with that. Nobody wants him there. 

Those are some top notch insults by the way. You must have come up with those on your own. Really, good quality material. You know how to cut deep mang. 

6 hours ago, Paul said:

@yk9001

It's not fair to be so callous towards a young man who paid the ultimate price for his mistakes. Jose got into an argument with his girlfriend and was probably hoping his buddies could cheer him up. Maybe he trusted his friends too much?  

Or maybe his friends trusted him too much? No one knows.

4 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Blah blah blah more bologna vomit coming from Lou going into semantics to break down his words like he didn't say what he said. 

Drinking, getting behind a wheel, in Lou's own words, counts as "reckless." And that's what happened with this boating accident. And then Lou comes to task with people on the board after an article states EVERYONE ON THE BOAT had alcohol in their system like "How was this reckless?" Even after it's been mentioned time and time again that not only had everyone on board the boat been drinking, but whoever was driving the boat was speeding in the pitch black of night towards a jetty. Unreal. Doesn't sound reckless to me at all, nope, no way. 

The links with everything I've mentioned are in this thread. Click them. Read them. I'm not your babysitter, Lou. 

So Joe West wasn't behind the plate that game, god forbid I goofed. He still has an impact on the game with his idiotic umpiring no matter where he's at. My comment was more a testament that the asshat does not belong calling any plays in any game in MLB, most especially the World Series. I don't think there's a person on this board that disagrees with that. Nobody wants him there. 

Those are some top notch insults by the way. You must have come up with those on your own. Really, good quality material. You know how to cut deep mang. 

Your reading comprehension is downright abysmal.  I knew you weren't very bright, but holy crap, this is just sad. 

I've been very fortunate on several occasions to walk away from incidents unharmed.

one example: circa 1977, a friend was driving (both of us thoroughly drunk) and he took the right turn from Sunset onto Veteran at a high rate of speed in his Toyota Land Cruiser. We were on our way back to UCLA from a party in Bel Air. Flipped over and landed hard on the driver's side of the vehicle. LAPD showed up moments later and helped us out of the car. Not only very minor injuries, but no DUI and no ticket.

My guardian angel was busy that night.

Yk would have considered me a shithead. Yeah, during those years, probably.

14 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

On the internet, as long as one is super good athletically, or someone on a message board has done the same negative action, its all good!

Internet or none, people in general love to deify assholes, rapists, and murders as long as that have athletic talent.

Shit, there's a statue of Ray Lewis in Baltimore, and that fucker murdered two people.

• 4 months later...

It appears the investigation has been concluded, and Lou was wrong the whole time. Hate to say I told you so.

Investigation finds Jose Fernandez was operating boat in fatal crash:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18921310/investigation-finds-jose-fernandez-was-operating-boat-fatal-crash

" Fernandez violated multiple boating laws, including Boating Under the Influence Manslaughter, Vessel Homicide and Reckless or Careless Operation of a Vessel."

Driving full speed with a blood Alcohol level of .147 and a noted presence of cocaine. Nope, not reckless at all.