• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

9/11 - 15th anniversary

gotbeer

That is crazy to think it's been that long.

It's probably healthier to let go and move on, but at the same time I feel like people in general have almost forgotten too much.

Weird to think that in time, it will be like pearl Harbor  (to younger generations). They know what it is, but no emotional connection.

I remember that day just like it was yesterday. I had flown to San Jose the night before and woke up and saw the second plane crash on the news. All of my    appointments for the next two days were cancelled since they were at public universities. I had to drive home in a rental car since all flights were cancelled. I still feel bad for the families of the victims of the twin towers and the service men and women lost on that day. Not to mention those that suffered long term illnesses as a result of the smoke and ashes.

Two of my wives cousins were young kids when that happened and they both served in the military to help prevent something like that from happening again.

I will never forget it; I have too much attachment to it because of family, friends, peers (on both the blue and red sides) and as a first-responder watching it unfold and wondering when it would be our turn to run toward something like that).  I had been a student of terrorism since I first studied history as a youngin, but I really started to pay attention to the Middle East and learning about Islam (and it's fanatics) after the '93 attack (where they promised to return and finish the job).

I have stacks of newspapers (from each coast), magazines, books, and videos/dvds related to the incident.  I'm waiting for my kids to ask me about it; I'll be able to answer (or find an answer) to their questions pretty quickly.  I continue to seek-out new information that comes-out as well.

It's very important to me that I try to learn about the incident, but more so about the heroic first-responders and victims.  There are many more amazing stories that I've yet to know about!  I think I've said it before here, but it reminds me of my place in this world in my job and life.  Follow the Golden Rule, but be prepared to respond to aid someone in need.

Sister was in bootcamp when this happened. Pretty trippy story as they put the base on lock down but didn't tell everyone why and didn't let anyone use the phone to call home, etc. I think she said she didn't even find out what happened until a day or two later.

I went to enlist in 2002 (actually during our WS run and even watched game 2 or 3 at the motel these housed us) and post 9-11 everyone thought I was crazy. 

On 9/9/2016 at 11:48 AM, Adam said:

I no longer have any emotional attachment toward it. The world is a dangerous place. Really bad shit happens. 

We get it, you're not human. Congrats.

I will never forget that day and even after all this time it's like it just happened recently. I hardly ever turned on the TV in the morning and for whatever reason before school, I did this day. I actually think I called my mom down from upstairs like "hey mom, do you wanna come look at this?"

I think the reason it was so memorable is growing up in the 90's yeah you saw war, or you heard of attacks and stuff, but it was always "over there" meaning across the Atlantic in some far away country that nobody really knew where it was located. With this, you knew New York, it almost feels like it was in your own backyard, and the people walking around were people that looked like yourself, it felt like it was people you knew, it felt like it was happening to your own friends and family. It was no longer "over there" it was "here" and I think that's why it reciprocated such a reaction throughout the nation, and why even 15 years later, it is pretty important and memorable to a great majority of Americans.

And someone needs to shoot that c*nt in the face as soon as possible. Not only is she brainwashing a generation of students with her diarrhea rhetoric, she's restricting freedom of speech for people that actually want to recognize a very pivotal moment in American History. It's like telling people they need permission to celebrate 4th of July or Memorial Day.

Colleges are so full of sh*t these days.

8 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

We get it, you're not human. Congrats.

I will never forget that day and even after all this time it's like it just happened recently. I hardly ever turned on the TV in the morning and for whatever reason before school, I did this day. I actually think I called my mom down from upstairs like "hey mom, do you wanna come look at this?"

I think the reason it was so memorable is growing up in the 90's yeah you saw war, or you heard of attacks and stuff, but it was always "over there" meaning across the Atlantic in some far away country that nobody really knew where it was located. With this, you knew New York, it almost feels like it was in your own backyard, and the people walking around were people that looked like yourself, it felt like it was people you knew, it felt like it was happening to your own friends and family. It was no longer "over there" it was "here" and I think that's why it reciprocated such a reaction throughout the nation, and why even 15 years later, it is pretty important and memorable to a great majority of Americans.

And someone needs to shoot that c*nt in the face as soon as possible. Not only is she brainwashing a generation of students with her diarrhea rhetoric, she's restricting freedom of speech for people that actually want to recognize a very pivotal moment in American History. It's like telling people they need permission to celebrate 4th of July or Memorial Day.

Colleges are so full of sh*t these days.

Cool story dude, can't wait for the sequel. 

Does your mom still not reply when you call out to her from your room?

On 9/10/2016 at 8:11 AM, gotbeer said:

Hmm, let's see...there's at least one "reportedly" in there, the article references a video it doesn't provide a link for, and there are a few vague statements. Also, it's a Fox News story using a young conservatives group as its source. 

I'm not saying it's entirely untrue but I'm definitely getting a whiff of some bullshit and exaggeration mixed in.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Hmm, let's see...there's at least one "reportedly" in there, the article references a video it doesn't provide a link for, and there are a few vague statements. Also, it's a Fox News story using a young conservatives group as its source. 

I'm not saying it's entirely untrue but I'm definitely getting a whiff of some bullshit and exaggeration mixed in.

Great, another truther.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Hmmm ...