• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you love your work?

m0nkey

20 hours ago, Tank said:

i love my job. i get to work with fun kids most of the time, we talk about interesting things, and we generally have a lot of fun. the toughest part of my job is kids that aren't interested, kids that are uncooperative, and parents who interfere. fortunately, we usually have way more of the former and not too many of the latter.

I work in juvenile detention so I get the shit that disrupts your job. I enjoy my job but it isn't a passion.

1 hour ago, mp170.6 said:

Here's a picture of @wopphil loving his job

larryhparker.jpg

I had a few cases against Larry Parker's firm a few years ago. Parker is a genius in terms of how he marketed his firm (until about 35 years ago, attorneys weren't really allowed to advertise).

However, his firm is horrendous. They do such a bad job for their clients. If you ever get injured, don't use them.

While I got my job by chance - after being laid off from my last company during the recession in 2008 I must have sent resumes to a couple hundred companies and got just one interview - I get to do a lot of stuff I love. I get to fight against State and Federal regulators on a weekly basis, help entrepreneurs launch new businesses and grow existing ones, and focus on personal and professional development. I get to work as much or as little as I want for the most part. I control a lot of my own income, company phone, expense account, 401K, membership in Entrepreneur's Organization (EO), etc... Monday is my favorite day of the week. 

5 hours ago, wopphil said:

I had a few cases against Larry Parker's firm a few years ago. Parker is a genius in terms of how he marketed his firm (until about 35 years ago, attorneys weren't really allowed to advertise).

However, his firm is horrendous. They do such a bad job for their clients. If you ever get injured, don't use them.

Larry parker got me...you know the story!

Between him, adee doo, and Debbie doors in school of trucking (and Sally Struthers tv/vcr or gun repair degrees), commercial breaks during summertime TV were covered. 

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I worked on a series of Larry Parker commercials. I had to wash my hands afterwards. 

I attended a vehicle inspection (as part of a lawsuit) with one of the partners at Parker's firm a few years ago. Naturally, I asked him about the commercials and the guy on the motorcycle. You probably recall, their initial commercial was just a headshot, but they followed that up some years later with a shot that panned out and showed the guy's whole body.

Anyway, I said to the attorney "Jeff, the commercial you guys did as a follow up...the one that pans out and shows the guy sitting on the motorcycle...was that taped..."

He cuts me off and says "to respond to the rumors that he has no arms or legs - that's absolutely why we did it!"

I LoL'ed pretty good at that. He seemed quite serious. 

23 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Larry parker got me...you know the story!

Between him, adee doo, and Debbie doors in school of trucking (and Sally Struthers tv/vcr or gun repair degrees), commercial breaks during summertime TV were covered. 

The Aames home loan commercials seemed to be on all the time when I was a kid.

Another thing about Larry Parker...his son was one of the best 13-14 year old baseball players I have ever seen. I played Fountain Valley Youth Baseball growing up - about as legit a league as there is, and Larry Parker's son just dominated everyone. I heard he ended up playing at UCLA, but was a screw off and didn't go very far with it.

Larry used to come to the games and he'd park his Mercedes S-Class away from all the other cars, taking up like 3 spaces. He lived that everyone could see him and knew it was him. A total attention whore. 

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

I attended a vehicle inspection (as part of a lawsuit) with one of the partners at Parker's firm a few years ago. Naturally, I asked him about the commercials and the guy on the motorcycle. You probably recall, their initial commercial was just a headshot, but they followed that up some years later with a shot that panned out and showed the guy's whole body.

Anyway, I said to the attorney "Jeff, the commercial you guys did as a follow up...the one that pans out and shows the guy sitting on the motorcycle...was that taped..."

He cuts me off and says "to respond to the rumors that he has no arms or legs - that's absolutely why we did it!"

I LoL'ed pretty good at that. He seemed quite serious. 

That's funny, was just gonna ask you that! That commercial where he was all there, he looked like he couldn't move though, so the rumor I heard was always that he was paralyzed.

38 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Another thing about Larry Parker...his son was one of the best 13-14 year old baseball players I have ever seen. I played Fountain Valley Youth Baseball growing up - about as legit a league as there is, and Larry Parker's son just dominated everyone. I heard he ended up playing at UCLA, but was a screw off and didn't go very far with it.

Larry used to come to the games and he'd park his Mercedes S-Class away from all the other cars, taking up like 3 spaces. He lived that everyone could see him and knew it was him. A total attention whore. 

I would have blown him off, and said I could care less about celebrities.

Now, if cal worthington showed up, selfie city....

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am envious of you that can go to work get your job done, then go home and leave work at the door.  

I know it's something not everyone can do (either because of the nature of the job or their own personality), but it's something that should be strived for. I let it be known that when I'm in the office, I'm available. Email me on an off day, or at 9PM, and I'll get back to you when I'm in the office next. There needs to be a clear, hard line. If that's not set, people can exploit it and dramatically hurt your overall quality of life.

8 hours ago, Don said:

I know it's something not everyone can do (either because of the nature of the job or their own personality), but it's something that should be strived for. I let it be known that when I'm in the office, I'm available. Email me on an off day, or at 9PM, and I'll get back to you when I'm in the office next. There needs to be a clear, hard line. If that's not set, people can exploit it and dramatically hurt your overall quality of life.

Yea it's just not possible for my position. 

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

I am envious of you that can go to work get your job done, then go home and leave work at the door.  

I made that decision literally day 1 of teaching. 

I'll never put myself in a position where I have to take work home. I'll stay really late if I have to, but that's only happened a couple of times in 9 years.  I'm home by 3 most days. 

I don't make as much as a lot of others with similar education, but I'm comfortable, and it's all about priorities.  I'm good with where mine are.