• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout not hurt in a car accident.

HaloFan85

23 minutes ago, WallyWorld said:

Better info here: http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/09/01/report-mike-trout-uninjured-in-postgame-car-crash/

sounds like the the serious injury was in a separate accident, which Trout or one of the other cars he was involved with failed to stop in time for. 

So he ran through Roenicke's stop sign, again.

43 minutes ago, TroutField said:

This headline seriously scared me for a second a mod should probably change it. The Nick Adenhardt situation made this type of news very gut wrenching. 

It's changed, but man, I saw a headline on another site that just said, "Mike Trout involved in car accident". It's pretty nerve racking to read that anyway, but it's got an extra bit of sting when it's an Angel involved.

1 minute ago, Kenny said:

It's changed, but man, I saw a headline on another site that just said, "Mike Trout involved in car accident". It's pretty nerve racking to read that anyway, but it's got an extra bit of sting when it's an Angel involved.

Yeah, my wife saw that one.  Typical over sensational reporting initially, once again.  We don't ever want to revisit a situation like Adenhart ever again. 

Angels' Mike Trout uninjured after car crash on 55 freeway in Santa Ana

octa4f-b88788594z.120160831230010000ghgi
Mike Trout's damaged Mercedes sits on the southbound 55 freeway on Wednesday night after an accident near McFadden.CHAD HOCTOR, CONTRIBUTING PHOTOGRAPHER

SANTA ANA - Angels star outfielder Mike Trout was involved in a car crash and was uninjured Wednesday night on the 55 freeway, team officials said.

The Orange County Fire Authority responded to a pair of separate but related crashes each involving two vehicles at 8:50 p.m. in the southbound lane of the 55 freeway at McFadden Avenue, Capt. LarryKurtz said.

Emergency personnel had to cut one person from a vehicle using the Jaws of Life, Kurtz said. Two people were injured. One victim went toHoag Hospital and the other was transported to Orange County Global Medical Center, Kurtz said.

Information about their medical conditions was unknown, and Kurtzcould not say whether one of the victims was Trout.

Trout’s agent, Craig Landis, and Angels General Manager Billy Epplerboth confirmed Trout was OK. A Register photographer at the scene captured images of Trout outside of a vehicle, seemingly unhurt.

Eppler said in a statement late Wednesday that he has been in contact with Trout.

“I have spoken with Mike this evening and he feels fine,” Eppler said. “He is at home with his roommate and is planning on traveling with the club to Seattle tomorrow afternoon. We will update as more information becomes available.”

Photos from the scene showed a white Chevy Sonic and a black Mercedes sedan with damage.

The California Highway Patrol was investigating the cause of the crash late Wednesday.

Staff Writer Jeff Fletcher contributed to this report.

Contact the writer: 714-796-7767 sschwebke@ocregister.comTwitter:@thechalkoutline

Daygloman,

Thanks for posting.  Glad that our Almighty Star is not injured.  Nice car! Expensive body work though!  He had the day off yesterday which is why I say it is best when I work as I stay out of trouble and it doesn't cost me $ when I work.

I know exactly where this accident occurred, as you know I was living out of the Embassy Suites right there in Santa Ana back in the day, and I used to have a great time at the old Red Onion close by, beach party at Newport Beach with the bonfire, barbecue & keg, take a dip in the ocean.  So clean there, so much fun!  

8 hours ago, WallyWorld said:

Better info here: http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/09/01/report-mike-trout-uninjured-in-postgame-car-crash/

sounds like the the serious injury was in a separate accident, which Trout or one of the other cars he was involved with failed to stop in time for. 

Another motorist was injured in the accident and had to be freed from her car by firefighters after becoming trapped, according to CBS Los Angeles. ABC 7 reports that a witness to the accident, which occurred around 9 p.m., said Trout’s brakes locked up and he struck the woman’s vehicle while attempting to avoid a different crash on the 55 Freeway. Trout was not charged, and was seen talking to personnel on the scene afterward. 

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/09/01/angels-mike-trout-car-crash-accident