• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016-2017 General NFL Season Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Neither are most of the other teams that are 6-3 or better.  Right now Dallas, NE and maybe Seattle are the cream of the crop and even then I don't think any one of them is the clear cut favorite.  In the AFC Houston is 6-3 with a -27 point differential and from the games of their's I've seen so far this year they've played bad more often than not but benefit from being in a terrible division.  The Raiders are 7-2 with a point differential of only 22 points and they've squeaked out a lot of their wins as has Denver who has been strong defensively but bad offensively.  Both the AFC and NFC North currently look like they could send an 8 or 9 win team to the playoffs and if Atlanta doesn't get it going perhaps the NFC south does as well. It's the NFL and in a week or two all of this could change but usually there's at least 2 teams in each conference at this point in the year who look dominant and that isn't the case righ tnow.     

• 3 weeks later...

qcrnyk9t3sx1h6oggtnl.jpg

add nyg to the list.....two minutes left though and even with no chance are calling timeouts, so there is a possibility they get some points.

speaking of which, i've seen it quite a few times now and hope i mention it correctly, the 2 point conversion attempt by the falcons is the first time in nfl history that a team took a lead and lost a lead and the game without an actual snap (sounds like the 2 point conversion does't count as an actual snap) between lead changes.

"falcons lose on go-ahead touchdown" 

I love the new PAT rules. I know players hate the idea of losing points to the kicking game but it's the price you pay for specialization in your game.

Now that I think about it, I can see teams who take a 1 point lead late in the game taking a knee on the XP try instead of risking the 2 like the Falcons did.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, the Packers really took care of business and won their division. Great win over the Lions last night, and Rodgers looked MVPish.

heres hoping they're peaking at the right time.

and yes, I know they could be in trouble because of their defense.

On 1/2/2017 at 1:17 PM, Tank said:

Wow, the Packers really took care of business and won their division. Great win over the Lions last night, and Rodgers looked MVPish.

heres hoping they're peaking at the right time.

and yes, I know they could be in trouble because of their defense.

Bright side is that the NFC has no real powerhouse tbh. Dallas and Atlanta have bad passing defenses, so Rodgers should be able to have his opportunities vs either of them. Issue of course is GB's CB group. It's young and beat up and has been all year and has been taken advantage of week after week. They give up explosive plays and are probably one of the slower groups in the NFL. I feel good about their chances against the Giants this weekend and I feel confident that Rodgers and the offense will put up points vs either Dallas/Atlanta, but the defense is gonna probably give it back up. Gonna need the defense to continue creating turnovers to generate some stops. Not the ideal formula but it's possible over a 4 game sample. 06 Colts, 08 Cards, and 11 Giants had worse defenses but were able to get hot and had good QB play carry them

that was my exact thought. any other qb wins that game last night.

sucks for pit or kc as that may have been the chance to get to the sb. i expect belicheck to rip into the pats for that performance and come out super ready for the afc championship game.

but a game like that is what it will take to beat ne.