• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016-2017 General NFL Season Discussion

I still think Carolina is in a class of its own in the NFC. GB would be right behind them IMO. 

I view Seattle and Arizona as extremely overrated. Detroit might be able to make another step and become a legit contender if this progression under Jim Bob Cooter is real for Stafford. I still worry about their defense though. 

4 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I still think Carolina is in a class of its own in the NFC. GB would be right behind them IMO. 

I view Seattle and Arizona as extremely overrated. Detroit might be able to make another step and become a legit contender if this progression under Jim Bob Cooter is real for Stafford. I still worry about their defense though. 

Rams still have some work to do to catch Seattle and Arizona though.

10 hours ago, nate said:

Packers looked OK... The D needs some help, they couldn't get off the field on third down.  I know a lot of people are picking them to win it all, I just don't see it.

Actually, they were great on 3rd down. The Jags just kept going for it on 4th down and had success. They were 4/15 on 3rd down but 3/4 on 4th down. Jags are looking like they'll be a solid team this year and GB isn't used to playing in that kind of heat/humidity. Figured it would be a close game

8 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I don't know....Carolina's secondary is seriously bad. That's gonna be a problem for them when facing offenses like Seattle, GB and Arizona come playoff time.

3 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Actually, they were great on 3rd down. The Jags just kept going for it on 4th down and had success. They were 4/15 on 3rd down but 3/4 on 4th down. Jags are looking like they'll be a solid team this year and GB isn't used to playing in that kind of heat/humidity. Figured it would be a close game

Guess it just seemed worse than it was because of the fourth downs. 

It it was pretty hot and humid this summer.  It sucked. 

Jared Goff has it great right now not having to be subjected to running this Rams offense. They got nothing other than Gurley who Fisher is hellbent on running into the ground and shortening his career by a good 3 years

I seriously hope the Rams aren't dumb enough to give him an extension. Of course, since this is a FIsher team, they'll have a game like tonight vs a bad Niners team only to follow it up by beating the Seahawks next week. Repeat this cycle for the remainder of the season and the end result is 7-9 again

14 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Agreed, teams win or lose based on the weather since that team has players from Hawaii and never experienced anything but sunshine.

On 9/12/2016 at 5:21 PM, bloodbrother said:

the midwest is almost nothing but hot & humid during the summer. not especially an issue for anyone except maybe the 330 lb. linemen.

how did jordy nelson look in his first game back?

patriots lose garrapolo (sp?) but still win. haven't heard if his shoulder injury is serious.

with the rams being back in town, we've had one less game on tv today, in case anyone was wondering. it'll come with the requirement from the league that their games be televised to the home market. we used to get two games at 10:00 and 1 game at 1:00 (or vice versa). that's gonna change.

Patriots 2-0 without Brady and Gronk. Great start for them. Conflicting reports on Garoppolo's injury...some say even though there are no breaks it can still be up to 6 weeks. New reports coming out that the Patriots will evaluate it on a day to day basis. 

I love that the NFL lifted their blackout rules. I was able to watch the Chargers on Sunday ticket thank God. Watching the lifeless Rams, shockingly, sounds worse than watching the Chargers blow massive leads. 1-1 LA still has yet to score a TD this season.

I have the flu and wasn't able to stay up for the whole game, went to bed around the middle of the third quarter.  It is like deja vu with the Packers, for all the accolades Rodgers receives, he struggled last year and hasn't looked very good again this year.  I think part of it is the receivers have lost a step or two, but seriously where is the offense?

When you look at the teams that are 2-0, they all have beaten at most one good team.  The Texans beat two mediocre teams, the Pats beat one good team one bad team, the Ravens beat two really bad teams, the Steelers beat one good and one bad team, same with Denver and NY.

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

Man, what a total Browns thing to do today.

When the Browns went up 20-0 then gave up 2 points on their blocked PAT I said that would come back to bite them in the ass when they lose the game.  They ended up losing by 5 when they were in FG range at the end of the game.  

I think GB is still trying to find a rhythm on offense with Jordy back as the guy wasn't a full participant in practice up until about a week before the season began.  Only time will tell but it's weird seeing Rodgers look normal when he's been the most efficient QB in history.