• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016-2017 General NFL Season Discussion

7 hours ago, Adam said:

I love egg salad. But I have to make it. I don't want to taste the mayo. And I add a little bit of mustard. 

bro, that is EXACTLY what you'll get at my house. i hate mayo so mrs. tank goes easy on it. she also adds mustard, always has. 

you can have your choice of dill or sweet pickles or none, and olives or none. however, there will be no white bread in the house. it's wheat only. i hope that's not a deal breaker.

• Chuck pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Brandon Marshall was released by the Jets and then signed by the Giants on a two year deal.

rumor out there says Tony Romo will be released Friday, saving the Cowboys about $5 mil this season on their cap total.

Cautiously optimistic about Eli can do now with Marshall, ODB, and Sterling Sheppard as receivers, and the TE they just signed away from tbe Vikings. Thats a lot of douchebaggery at WR though.

Still need a left tackle, or else it will by Eli's backup throwing to them

So the Browns traded for Osweiler which had me thinking that's just a bad team with a lot of money to spend making an impulsive move but they're trying to flip him for another pick (acquired a 2nd rd pick with him) so they can then get Garrapolo.  

Denver signed Ronald Leary who was a G for Dallas last year so I'm going to assume he's already the 1st or 2nd best player they currently have on their O line.  Talks of Denver and Houston trying to trade for Romo and I'm ambivalent as a Broncos fan because the O line was so bad while Romo couldn't stay on the field behind one of the best lines in the league.  If they get him for cheap sure but considering Houston just freed up 10M in cap space by moving Osweiler I think he'll cost more than they should be willing to spend.  Use at least one pick in the draft to get another guy for the line and let the two young QB's play for the job.  

They still need a lot of help on the O line but it's at least a move in the right direction.  Every mock I've seen shows them going T in the 1st round and the popular pick is the kid out of Wisconsin.  Paradis and Leary lock down 2 spots while they address the rest through the draft and guys on the roster.  They could finish 3rd in the division given that the two teams ahead of them last year had 12 wins and Denver has the hardest SOS going into the 2017 season, in part because they play those teams twice.  That said it's not like KC has an all pro QB and if Denver can put together an O line, run the ball better than last year and keep their QB upright they should improve on last season.  That said the window in the NFL is generally small but they still have the pieces on D to compete.

Interesting to know.  I read a blurb about that just now and it said Leary went down with an injury in 2015 and Collins took the job by the time he got back.  Collins was a projected 1st round pick in 2015 until it came out about a week before the draft that the the Louisiana cops wanted to talk to him regarding a crime he wasn't a suspect in and he ended up going undrafted.  For what it's worth Leary started 13 games last year, didn't give up a sack and was considered a good run blocker.  I'm sure Leary benefited from playing with better linemen as Dallas' line was much better than Denver's last year but he's an upgrade over most of their linemen.  

• Spirit unpinned this topic