• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016-2017 General NFL Season Discussion

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Word coming out that AP may have avoided serious injury. 

Imo, something is wrong with Rodgers' lower half. His footwork is horrible and a lot of his throws are coming from awkward positions. It's almost as if he's afraid to plant his feet and step into a throw more often than not now.

R-E-L-A-X 

Following up blowing the offensive call against Green Bay with a wide receiver screen stopped for no gain at the Packers' 12 on fourth-and-one with less than a minute left, the offense decided not to move the ball at all in San Diego. Two late touchdowns averted what could have been a 38-0 final. I considered making the trip to San Diego for the game. Thank goodness that the thought passed.

I may sue DirecTV for giving me free NFL games for the season. This won't be great for my mental well being.

14 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I am impressed with Carson Wentz so far after two games. He looks really poised out there for a rookie. Eagles' D looks solid, too. 

you should have seen how well Goff was holding the clipboard on sunday. Like a Boss!!

On 9/19/2016 at 7:41 AM, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Word coming out that AP may have avoided serious injury. 

Imo, something is wrong with Rodgers' lower half. His footwork is horrible and a lot of his throws are coming from awkward positions. It's almost as if he's afraid to plant his feet and step into a throw more often than not now.

His mechanics are very sloppy right now for whatever reason. I used to think it was the scheme(last year's struggles) but seeing the All-22 stuff, he has guys open and is either missing them with bad throws or completely not seeing them. Dude was terrible against Minny, and while Minny probably has a top 3 defense, it wasn't the main reason why the offense stagnated against them. He was simply missing guys

Still too early into the season to make any declarations about teams. If the offense is continuing to look this bad by Week 7 or Week 8 then theres a problem.

Over the next 5 weeks GB has 4 home games and a bye.  If they still look this bad by week 7 or 8 that means their season is probably over unless 9-7 wins the NFC North which it very well could given how banged up Minnesota is.

AP opts for surgery and is out for a few months.  Initial reports are the surgery he's having sidelines guys for anywhere from 3-6 months so his season could be over.  I know it's only two weeks into the season but if you look at the top RB's statistically right now you've got D. Williams and M. Forte which might make you think it's 2008.  Crazy how much the RB position has changed over the last 5 years.

Teams will give top picks a long rope considering the investment they made but he's only gotten worse and worse. Clemmings is unproven but at least he has upside. We already know what Kalil is at this point.

Can the friggin Pats already lose a game now please. No Brady or Gronk, no problem so far, but now they're down to their 3rd string QB and it feels like that doesn't even matter anymore. THey just plug anybody in and they find a way to make it work

Like any non-Patriots fan I dislike them but I have no problem admitting I respect them, particularly the game plans Bellichik comes up with.  What they've accomplished the last 15 years is ridiculous given FA and injuries.  I wanted Denver to keep Osweiler but I thought he was overpaid given the guaranteed money he got and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching him just look completely over matched.  I expect Siemian to look over matched when they play NE but at least he's only making about 500K a season.  

Watching the Patriots and knowing how they operate I wonder if we'll see them cut ties with Brady at some point.  I know he's re-negotiated his contract multiple times to help the team and himself out given how it's structured but the Patriots have shown sooner or later they'll cut ties with any player who doesn't fit into their long term plans.  Given his history I'm thinking they'll give him a heads up and he'll retire but who knows.   

Elway wanted Osweiler to stay and I think the FO expected him to but not at what Houston signed him for.  There's no way they could pay him, Von Miller and some of the other guys they extended like Wolfe and Sanders.  Had they known Osweiler was leaving they would have signed CJ for less before he became an RFA and signed the Miami offer.  Obviously in the NFL QB is the most important position but that also leads to a lot of average QB's who get overpaid.  I understand why Houston overpaid for him because they needed an upgrade bad but it will backfire long term if he doesn't make adjustments and plays anything like he did last night.  

I think the Eagles are a borderline playoff team. They look great but I expect Wentz to start struggling. Now that teams have seen him, I think they'll be able to game plan for him better. I do love how his future projects though. He looks damn good for a rookie.

JJ Watt expected to be placed on IR. He re-injured his back. Same injury he had surgery on in the offseason. 

JJ Watt expected to go on IR for his back. I think he had surgery on it in the off season, but he tweaked it in last thursday night's game. there's debate on whether he'll be able to return after his 8 weeks on IR. big loss for the texans defense.