• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016-2017 General NFL Season Discussion

To his credit, yesterday was bullshit. I don't even like the guy, but he was clearly out of bounds and was given an extra tap. I didn't think it warranted a flag but the refs threw one pretty quick on Odell.  

The very next play he goes out of bounds again and is hit late, no flag. I do agree with his frustration yesterday. He has built a reputation though and now he's suffering those consequences. Teams know he's easy to frustrate and they're going to use that against him. 

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday Atlanta loses in Seattle and there appears to be a non call on a PI that impacted the game.  Pitt lost while their offense looked terrible but it turns out Ben tore his meniscus which may explain some of his bad throws and the time table is 6 weeks or more at which point Pitt could be out of it.  I watched the GB/Dallas game and while Dallas deserves credit (particularly Dak/Elliott) Rodgers just doesn't look like the guy we saw since he took over in 2008.  There were 2 throws to Cobb that had they been on target would have been TD's and instead they came away with a total of 3 points on those drives.  One of his INT's was about as bad of a throw as you can make and I don't understand the QB draw call on the 1 but he still has to hold onto the ball as that fumble killed their momentum and kept it a 2 score game.  He had one nice pass to Nelson on the sideline but all in all he doesn't look like the guy who was historically efficient his first 7-8 years as a starter.  Panthers are 1-5 while their season is getting dangerously close to being over already and Cam cuts his post-game interview short whereas he seems to have no problem talking it up when they win.   

10 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

So yesterday Atlanta loses in Seattle and there appears to be a non call on a PI that impacted the game.  Pitt lost while their offense looked terrible but it turns out Ben tore his meniscus which may explain some of his bad throws and the time table is 6 weeks or more at which point Pitt could be out of it.  I watched the GB/Dallas game and while Dallas deserves credit (particularly Dak/Elliott) Rodgers just doesn't look like the guy we saw since he took over in 2008.  There were 2 throws to Cobb that had they been on target would have been TD's and instead they came away with a total of 3 points on those drives.  One of his INT's was about as bad of a throw as you can make and I don't understand the QB draw call on the 1 but he still has to hold onto the ball as that fumble killed their momentum and kept it a 2 score game.  He had one nice pass to Nelson on the sideline but all in all he doesn't look like the guy who was historically efficient his first 7-8 years as a starter.  Panthers are 1-5 while their season is getting dangerously close to being over already and Cam cuts his post-game interview short whereas he seems to have no problem talking it up when they win.   

Aaron Rodgers proving again that he is overrated.

On the flip side, the Cowboys are pretty good which sucks because I hate them.

Eddie Lacy was put on IR today which means he's out at least the next 8 weeks and may have played his last snap for GB.  Have to wonder how much him playing against Dallas made his injury worse.  GB carrying only 2 RB's and not promoting one from the practice squad last week blew up in their face big time.  The office didn't even look good with Lacy averaging 5 YPC and now their running game is a disaster.  Even when Starks comes back he's averaged a whopping 1.8 YPC but maybe newly acquired Davis will get over his case of fumbilitis.  

On 10/18/2016 at 7:52 AM, nate said:

Yeah he has been fucking awful, people still suck his dick like he is one of the best, I don't get it.  He had two good years.

good grief, nate, you sound like he turned you down for autograph.

his numbers aren't good this year, but the difference i've noticed most is that his passes aren't terribly accurate. that's been one of his clear strengths, but this year something is terribly off. he also couldn't hold on to the football and fumbled it away a couple of times against the cowboys. espn guys this morning were speculating that there might be something that he's hiding from everyone, like an injury.

So this was the year that the Jaguars were supposed to make the big leap and become playoff contenders. They aren't even competitive in the worst division in the NFL. Way to make use of your national showcase, guys. At least they didn't add to the embarrassment by wearing those awful gold uniforms. Oh, wait...

Smith and Ware both go out with concussions and we still smash on the Colts to break that little curse and jump into 1st....for 15 minutes

Raiders in OT and Broncos trailing, but early. Possible all three tied for 1st at the end of the day.

Dude just said Raiders won.

On 10/27/2016 at 11:05 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

So this was the year that the Jaguars were supposed to make the big leap and become playoff contenders. They aren't even competitive in the worst division in the NFL. Way to make use of your national showcase, guys. At least they didn't add to the embarrassment by wearing those awful gold uniforms. Oh, wait...

The only teams without a top QB that are still good enough to be .500+ have top defenses like Denver, KC, Min.  Jags should probably be better than they have been but too many holes and bad coaching IMO.