• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Royals 7/25 5:15

ANGELS_0.PNG
Angels 
Lineup 7/25
5:15 PST
LAA:Hector Santiago(L) (8-4, 4.32)
KC:Ian Kennedy(R) (6-8, 4.28)

1. Yunel Escobar (R) 3B
2. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
3. Mike Trout (R) CF
4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
5. Daniel Nava (S) LF
6. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
7. Ji-Man Choi (L) 1B
8. Carlos Perez (R) C
9. Johnny Giavotella (R) 2B

1. Alcides Escobar (R) SS
2. Cheslor Cuthbert (R) 3B
3. Eric Hosmer (L) 1B
4. Kendrys Morales (S) DH
5. Salvador Perez (R) C
6. Alex Gordon (L) LF
7. Paulo Orlando (R) CF
8. Brett Eibner (R) RF
9. Christian Colon (R) 2B

19 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Nava has a lot of ABs for someone who has a 67 OPS+ and -0.9 WAR (!). I'm more than ready to give up on that experiment, let alone keep letting him hit fifth.

And yes, I know this post will mean he hits like 14 home runs today.

I think you will see him there until Cron comes back and then Choi will probably move to LF and he'll be released

:5252:

GO ANGELS!!!! Go Hector Santiago!!

Be the stopper, Hector. Start an Angels sweep of the rest of the road trip.

Come on, Trout, Calhoun, Albert and the rest, reconnect with squared-up baseballs.

538 gives the Angels a 48 percent chance of winning today and a <1 percent chance of making the postseason.

But silver lining time! Skaggs rates a 52 percent chance of beating KC on Tuesday.

28 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

I think you will see him there until Cron comes back and then Choi will probably move to LF and he'll be released

Probably true. I was going to say we could stick Marte at 1B and Choi in LF but we might need Marte to play a lot more 3B in a week or two.

At this point though, is Nava actually better than Ortega or Cunningham? Being worth -0.9 WAR in so few games is hard to do.

I can't torture myself long enough to ever see Cam Bedrosian enter the game. Is he really as good as the stats suggest?

He has the 2nd best ERA for relievers with min 30 IP. Hasn't allowed a run in his last 19.2 IP

sorry bout the jynx boys.

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I can't torture myself long enough to see Cam Bedrosian enter the game. Is he really as good as the stats say?

He has the 2nd best ERA for relievers with min 30 IP.

sorry bout the jynx boys.

He's nearly halved his walk rate but he has improved his strikeout rate. His BABIP is .289 so it's not like he has been riding his luck. His ground ball rate is up nearly 10 per cent too. So yeah, I think he is good and should be our closer as soon as we send Street out of here.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Santiago is not getting traded. They might even look to extend him at this point.

It seems unlikely there would be so many scouts there tonight if the Angels had not indicated they were open to trading him.

It's a sellers market for SP in a big way, so they should be putting Hector out there, but they definitely need to acquire a SP prospect in another deal if they ship him out. There's simply not enough SP in the system to go into next year without him.

5 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

It seems unlikely there would be so many scouts there tonight if the Angels had not indicated they were open to trading him.

I can't speak for scouts in attendance but I just don't see it from the Angels perspective. We have no starting pitching next year as it is. Santiago is a 5th starter on a contender, with one year left on his deal, what are we going to get for him? We shouldn't trade him for the sake of trading him, at this point they should be talking to him about the possibility of an extension.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

It's a sellers market for SP in a big way, so they should be putting Hector out there, but they definitely need to acquire a SP prospect in another deal if they ship him out. There's simply not enough SP in the system to go into next year without him.

Next year isn't the concern for me but we need to be looking for young arms for the next few years. Maybe Escobar can bring one and hopefully we can add another one or two by dealing Santiago.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I can't speak for scouts in attendance but I just don't see it from the Angels perspective. We have no starting pitching next year as it is. Santiago is a 5th starter on a contender, with one year left on his deal, what are we going to get for him? We shouldn't trade him for the sake of trading him, at this point they should be talking to him about the possibility of an extension.

He's more than that. He's consistently a league average pitcher. He'd be Baltimore's second best starter. He could be a really good bullpen arm for teams with a weak 'pen. I can see us turning Santiago into one good prospect or a couple of pretty good ones.