• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The MLB Network Studio (after tonight's game)

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

back in the race. laughable.

i'm all for the angels being good next year, if it were to come about, but this year is over.

Exactly. If all the teams in the AL West decide to go 25-40 or whatever the rest of the way and the Halos can somehow keep winning. Then yeah, great.

It's been a long and crappy season. Just enjoy the pointless winning streak for whatever its worth. At least it's kind of fun to watch again in the meantime.

So what do you guys do for fun? Tell kids there's no Santa and correct people who use who and whom incorrectly? Anyone who gives a fat rat's ass what the odds of winning the division are already knows. Anyone who doesn't just thinks you're all being dickish sticks in the mud. 

26 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

So what do you guys do for fun? Tell kids there's no Santa and correct people who use who and whom incorrectly? Anyone who gives a fat rat's ass what the odds of winning the division are already knows. Anyone who doesn't just thinks you're all being dickish sticks in the mud. 

No, for fun I like to take personal shots at people on the internet who disagree with my view of a baseball team.

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

No, for fun I like to take personal shots at people on the internet who disagree with my view of a baseball team.

Pujols has 71 RBIs, (3rd most in the ML) with 68 games to play. He has raised his average 35 points in the last month or 2. He is on pace to have his best year as an Angel. He is on pace to have more RBIs this year than he did in 2010, when he lead the league with 118. I doubt we make the playoffs but he may make it interesting to watch the games. It wasn't interesting a month ago.

arch is way off base. no one has been a stick in the mud in this thread. i'm just saying the angels are way too far out, and way too injured, for any win streak to get them into the playoffs. the thing with sports fans is they're reactionary. it's never the big picture. it's always what's right now. the angels are 1-9 in their last ten? they're the worst team in baseball. they're 8-2? back in the race!

i'm perfectly content with the angels with the angels win streak right now and i'm glad you're enjoying it too, but see it for what it is.

2 hours ago, Ace_Shoemaker? said:

Pujols has 71 RBIs, (3rd most in the ML) with 68 games to play. He has raised his average 35 points in the last month or 2. He is on pace to have his best year as an Angel. He is on pace to have more RBIs this year than he did in 2010, when he lead the league with 118. I doubt we make the playoffs but he may make it interesting to watch the games. It wasn't interesting a month ago.

... he doubled his war from 0.3 to 0.6 last night. He needs to go on a legit run to have a shot at this being any better than his worst season as an Angel.

2 hours ago, Ace_Shoemaker? said:

You should note that war doesn't care about rbi's. It's saying, this guy has had a significant increase in opportunity this year batting 4th with 3 quality guys getting on base in front of him. 

guys. the only way the angels are getting in the "playoff picture" is if they go on multiple smaller win streaks or a 25 game win streak, AND play .500 ball in all the other games. i think they're ten games under right now, so that would put them approximately 10-15 games over at the end of the season with between 91-96 wins. that would be an epic comeback.

so you tell me, could it happen? will it happen? 

hard to imagine when you look at this team before the injuries and now.