• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First Openly Gay Athlete

As a Bible believing Christian I'm disappointed in some Christian's response to this.

If I was asked I would respond something like this:  My personal feeling on homosexuality is irrelevant to this story.  It has no bearing on Mr. Collins as a player or person.  I support his opportunity to pursue any way to make a living in this country, wether it be a professional basketball player or anything else.  I will pray that things go well for him.

As a Bible believing Christian I'm disappointed in some Christian's response to this.

If I was asked I would respond something like this:  My personal feeling on homosexuality is irrelevant to this story.  It has no bearing on Mr. Collins as a player or person.  I support his opportunity to pursue any way to make a living in this country, wether it be a professional basketball player or anything else.  I will pray that things go well for him.

I like your response MT. I understand that people have different views about this, but being hateful about it on either side is frustrating. Collins is a person and he deserves to be treated with respect like every other human no matter what he prefers.

Extremely brave. I can imagine he will face quite a bit of adversity if he signs with a team this off season.

I don't think so.

I would think that not too many of the players were surprised. I know pretty much all of my coworkers personal habits and i never ask then any info or care to know.

As far as a team signing him. With how the last day has gone, the media will now go crazy when some team signs an old over the hill center to be their 11th or 12th man. Some team will love that press that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Premarital sex is also a sin. Don't hear Broussard go off on every player that does that. These people are such hypocrites.

This is his transcript

"I'm a Christian. I don't agree with homosexuality. I think it's a sin, as I think all sex outside of marriage between a man and a woman is. [ESPN's] L.Z. [Granderson] knows that. He and I have played on basketball teams together for several years. We've gone out, had lunch together, we've had good conversations, good laughs together. He knows where I stand and I know where he stands. I don't criticize him, he doesn't criticize me, and call me a bigot, call me ignorant, call me intolerant. In talking to some people around the league, there's a lot Christians in the NBA and just because they disagree with that lifestyle, they don't want to be called bigoted and intolerant and things like that. That's what LZ was getting at. Just like I may tolerate someone whose lifestyle I disagree with, he can tolerate my beliefs. He disagrees with my beliefs and my lifestyle but true tolerance and acceptance is being able to handle that as mature adults and not criticize each other and call each other names. ... Personally, I don't believe that you can live an openly homosexual lifestyle or an opnely premarital sex between heterosexuals, if you're openly living that type of lifestyle, then the Bible says you know them by their fruits, it says that's a sin. If you're openly living in unrepentant sin, whatever it may be, not just homosexuality, adultery, fornication, premarital sex between heterosexuals, whatever it may be, I believe that's walking in open rebellion to God and to Jesus Christ."