• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Costco VISA card

I got my new Costco VISA card in the mail since they are ditching American Express later this month.  Does anyone have credit cards with sweeter rewards than this?  This new VISA looks really good IMHO, far better than the Costco AMEX rewards.

4% Cash Back on eligible gas worldwide, including gas at Costco, for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
3% Cash Back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases worldwide
2% Cash Back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
1% Cash Back on all other purchases

25 minutes ago, nate said:

And Discover has super high APR.

I got my Costco card too.  Like the Amex one I am sure I will never use it other than to get in the door at Costco.

What do you use to pay for stuff at Costco?

I used to have airline rewards cards but finally came to my senses on that.  Too many catches, blackout dates, points expiring, etc, etc.  I like the Costco model with a rewards check sent in February and good for 6 months.

2 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

I got my new Costco VISA card in the mail since they are ditching American Express later this month.  Does anyone have credit cards with sweeter rewards than this?  This new VISA looks really good IMHO, far better than the Costco AMEX rewards.

4% Cash Back on eligible gas worldwide, including gas at Costco, for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
3% Cash Back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases worldwide
2% Cash Back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
1% Cash Back on all other purchases

Do you know what percentage they give back if you charge a sexual reassignment surgery?

Adam wants to know. His big day is coming up. 

I really like my chase freedom card for the rewards.  Mostly because they give you 5% cash back on purchases through amazon for the 4th quarter every year so I do all my Christmas shopping through amazon and the points add up fast.  The cash back never expires so I keep it as an emergency fund. 

My Chase Sapphire card points have already earned me $400 in free airfare.

Not seeing what the big deal is over blackout dates, unless Chase points don't carry those types of restrictions.

Two tickets from Pula, Croatia to Copenhagen, in the middle of July, for free. Not bad.

Extra points on travel and food, plus no foreign transaction fees, is the heat. 

18 hours ago, Jay said:

I use the Costco card to buy gas at Costco (duh) and other purchases at Costco.

As far as APR that's irrelevant, don't carry a balance on your credit cards.

Use a credit card like cash. If you don't have the cash to cover a purchase, don't buy it.

Yep. When I was 18 and got my first credit card that's the same advice I got from my dad. I have never paid a single dollar in finance charges or carried a balance. If I can't afford it this month then I don't buy it. It's really not rocket science

22 hours ago, nate said:

Just use cash or debit card.  I know I could be taking more advantage of miles and all the other incentives but I just avoid using credit cards so one month I don't decide that I will let the balance roll and end up with a bunch of debt.

Solid decision. Been a rule in our household for decades.

using credit cards strategically is the way to go.

in the last year or two i have used miles from normal spending for a handful of roundtrip flights domestically and to europe. 

what's crazy are the people that really game it, by churning through like 15-20 cards a year to get the up front bonus points then cancel. if you do it right you can accumulate crazy miles and basically do free international travel for life. there's a whole art and science to it. google "churning" and "manufactured spending." pretty wild.   

Talk about retardation. 

No automated way to activate the card over the phone, like most companies.  You must wait for a customer service representative.

Oh, and their website says page not found when trying to set up the card online.

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Talk about retardation. 

No automated way to activate the card over the phone, like most companies.  You must wait for a customer service representative.

Oh, and their website says page not found when trying to set up the card online.

My Costco Visa card said I couldn't activate it until June 20th. maybe that's why you're getting those issues

8 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

My Costco Visa card said I couldn't activate it until June 20th. maybe that's why you're getting those issues

couldn't even get to that point.  When I enter in the activation address that is stickered on the card and in the mailer, says page not found.

Just now, gotbeer said:

couldn't even get to that point.  When I enter in the activation address that is stickered on the card and in the mailer, says page not found.

I'm not home at the moment but I'm going to see if I get the same thing too. Maybe the site isn't up yet?

1 hour ago, Angels N Skins said:

I'm not home at the moment but I'm going to see if I get the same thing too. Maybe the site isn't up yet?

Probably went down due to traffic.  Right now, Citi is right up there with Frontier on their switchover.

15 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

FYI I just confirmed my cards this morning so the site is working now.