• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Costco VISA card

On 6/2/2016 at 1:40 PM, nate said:

Just use cash or debit card.  I know I could be taking more advantage of miles and all the other incentives but I just avoid using credit cards so one month I don't decide that I will let the balance roll and end up with a bunch of debt.

In that case, you could use auto pay, available for nearly every credit card. 

Have to keep your bank account properly funded, but that shouldn't be too hard. 

On 6/2/2016 at 3:55 PM, Jay said:

I use the Costco card to buy gas at Costco (duh) and other purchases at Costco.

As far as APR that's irrelevant, don't carry a balance on your credit cards.

Use a credit card like cash. If you don't have the cash to cover a purchase, don't buy it.

This exactly.  There needs to be a life course taught in high school where you learn how to do taxes, what a mortgage is, and the bolded above being most important of all.  

On 6/4/2016 at 9:21 AM, gotbeer said:

what website did you guys use?

According to the form, it should be citi.com/costcosetup.  But I'm still getting a 404 not found error. 

I'm pretty sure that's the URL I used, no issues.

Costco talked me into getting one of their upper level memberships twice, saying that based upon my spending patterns, I would easily earn rewards on them. I lost money both times. Shortly after that, I canceled my membership for good. What few items they had that were unique, I can buy on Amazon without the membership fee. With Amazon Prime, I also get free shipping. No reason for me to go back.

18 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Check out Costco's travel page for some good deals

One thing that really grinds my gears is being gouged on Rental Cars.  There's no way I'll pay $50/day + taxes for an Economy size car unless it's an emergency.  CostcoTravel.com usually has the best rates available, unless you're willing to "name your own price" with a Priceline deal (and those are good, too!). 

The Costco AMEX card had optional rental car insurance that activated automatically when you rented a car.  I think it was $17.99 per rental, regardless of duration.  This insurance was significantly better than the free "insurance" offered by most credit cards. 

I hope the new Citi card for Costco has a similar offering.

38 minutes ago, mp170.6 said:

Normal price $130/day for a rental car?  Where did you see that?

For full size from national.  Full size is the high end from them

i just went to the website. 

Seemed high but I haven't checked in a long time. 

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Don't rental cars already carry insurance?

Some credit card companies cover the part that the rental companies try to sell you (collision damage waiver) while others don't. Otherwise, you are relying on your own insurance policy to cover any accident damage. They don't automatically come with it.

17 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Sounds like a racket

What is the racket is the collision damage waiver, for which rental companies may charge as much as $30 per day for. All it covers is the amount of the deductible on the collision coverage that you currently carry. They give all sorts of dire consequences that you may suffer if you don't take it, because it is a huge money maker for them.

16 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

What is the racket is the collision damage waiver, for which rental companies may charge as much as $30 per day for. All it covers is the amount of the deductible on the collision coverage that you currently carry. They give all sorts of dire consequences that you may suffer if you don't take it, because it is a huge money maker for them.

No.  The racket is when a rental car company needs to do maintenance to a car after you rent it.  They can charge you for the maintenance and the time the car is out of service. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Costco VISA card went live today.  Once you activate the new card, you have to sign up for online banking with CitiBank to have paperless access.  https://online.citi.com/JSO/reg/Setup.do

So this part is important.  All of your outstanding charges, balances, and rewards were transferred seamlessly to CitiBank.  What did NOT transfer over was any electronic alerts, and without them, you're screwed for knowing when your bills are due, balance limits, etc.

Once you're registered with CitiBank and on the main landing page when signing in, look on the upper righthand side of the page and click on "Profile & Settings".  Under My Communications, review the data CitiBank received from AMEX about you.  (some of mine was incorrect)  Then select Enroll in Alerts.  Again, make sure the e-mail address and your mobile number listed is correct.  You will probably have to Activate Your Mobile Number.  They will text you a verification code to enter.  Hit Save & Done, then refresh the page.

-Make sure "Alerts are on"
-Change to either: Daily or Individual Alerts, your preference
-Select the Alerts you want -- in both the e-mail and phone columns   (if your phone number hasn't been activated yet, you won't be able to select Phone alerts)

Hit Save & Done and you should be good to go.