• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cron deserves to be benched!!!

I just lost the final bit of respect I had for him after he slowly trotted to 1st base on that grounder. Man on 3rd, tie game, 8th inning and he's been awful all year and what does he do...crawls to 1st base as slow as a damn turtle! He deserves to be benched, at the very least, for that lack of effort! I'm about ready to lump him in with the other loser on this team who's also named CJ, that's how much I'm starting to dislike this neanderthal looking moron.

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

When you have to come up with a thousand or more ways to take a shot at Albert over the course of a season some efforts will be weak.

What also makes it stupid is the fact that as much as he hates Albert, Albert has still had a better year than any of these three players every year he's been on the Angels.  Trumbo's hot start has him higher than Albert right now, but if Trumbo does his usual streakiness Albert will pass him again this year.  Last year @CALZONE had a hard on for Fielder, who is once again worse than Albert, oh and in overall value was worse last year as well.  

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Cron pretty much sucks and is disappointing in that he really should be hitting .270/.800. That's not a huge amount to ask from your DH/1B.

That said, he's not as disappointing as Pujols - so I get where Calzone is coming from.

@Angelsjunky you actually blame Albert for how bad Cron is?  Because that is what Calzone is doing.

22 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Cron pretty much sucks and is disappointing in that he really should be hitting .270/.800. That's not a huge amount to ask from your DH/1B.

That said, he's not as disappointing as Pujols - so I get where Calzone is coming from.

Shhhhh don't tell Stradling that Cron is hitting .350 w RISP while Albert is hitting .269

43 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What also makes it stupid is the fact that as much as he hates Albert, Albert has still had a better year than any of these three players every year he's been on the Angels.  Trumbo's hot start has him higher than Albert right now, but if Trumbo does his usual streakiness Albert will pass him again this year.  Last year @CALZONE had a hard on for Fielder, who is once again worse than Albert, oh and in overall value was worse last year as well.  

When we discuss Albert Pujols in any thread please refrain from the use of the word value. It just doesn't belong in any Pujols conversation.

47 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Pujols disappointment is based in relation to his salary and expectations.  Take salary out of the equation Pujols has been one of the teams best players.  

We are 22-28. This is Scioscia's second worst start of a season in his managerial career. Albert is one of the highest paid players on the team so he should be expected to be one of the best performers. it seems like everyone has lowered their expectations of Albert. 

I remember when there was discussion of how many championships we were going to win when we signed him. Now at age 36 hitting .229 and making $25M, he's considered one of our best hitters while 40 year old David Ortiz is hitting .339 / 13hrs / 46rbi's / 1.140ops

Unacceptable IMHO.

Claude is awesome, but when it comes to Albert he is R.Munkey, which is a very bad thing to be.  He has to know he is being unreasonable because when called out for being wrong, he will pick a stat where someone like Cron is performing better than Albert or he will key in on a word like "value" and reply about that.  

22 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

We are 22-28. This is Scioscia's second worst start of a season in his managerial career. Albert is one of the highest paid players on the team so he should be expected to be one of the best performers. it seems like everyone has lowered their expectations of Albert. 

I remember when there was discussion of how many championships we were going to win when we signed him. Now at age 36 hitting .229 and making $25M, he's considered one of our best hitters while 40 year old David Ortiz is hitting .339 / 13hrs / 46rbi's / 1.140ops

Unacceptable IMHO.

Steroids.

S..T..E..R..O..I..D..S.

36 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Unacceptable IMHO.

That's your problem.  I never expected Pujols to maintain his level of play he had asome a Cardinal.  I am disappointed that the drop in his performance has been so dramatic.  However outside of Trout who has been a better player than Pujols?  Maybe Calhoun.  Who else?