• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Rotation in the second half

With 3 pitcher inbound that means 3 have to be outbound as well. This is my take.

-Weaver stays in the rotation as long as he's not getting hammered. He's not the type who could get warmed up and get his control to be a reliable pen arm.

-Wilson will be in the rotation once he's ready. I think he'll pitch well since he's only got about 18 starts to earn his last contract next year in the weak market.

-Skaggs is going to stay with the big club as soon as he's ready

-Lincecum didn't get signed for any reason other than to make as many starts as he can get

-Tropeano has options and needs to get starts so he'll go back to SLC

-Shoemaker has options but could stick as a Jerome Williams type longman/6th starter

-Chacin's shoulder and nibbling tendencies make him a poor pen option. He either stays in the rotation or gets DFA with the hope someone bites on a trade or he'll accept a AAA assignment.

-Santiago is either the remaining starter or gets a try as a late inning pen arm where his new velocity would play better

-Richards and Heaney probably don't pitch again unless healthy and we're in it

So bu July 1 I expect it to be Weaver, Wilson, Skaggs, Lincecum, and Chacin in the rotation with Santiago and Shoe in the pen and Tropeano at SLC unless another deal goes down before then.

1. Santiago has earned his spot in the rotation. He's in.

2. Tropeano has paid his dues and has pitched well enough to be in the majors. He's in.

3. Lincecum was signed for a reason. He'll be in the rotation.

4. Weav is out. He has a good start here and there, but as the year progresses, I'm not so sure he'll remain the best, viable option. He's out.

5. Wilson is earning his next contract. He's in.

6. If Shoe keeps the ball down, he's young enough and cheap enough to be a mainstay.

7. Skaggs will need to earn his way in.

I think the end result is Santiago, Tropeano, Lincecum, Wilson and Shoe or Skaggs.

Chacin in AAA, Richards and Heaney on the mend.

What a wonderful problem to have ... there's really no right answer. 

I suspect someone will go to the bullpen named Shoemaker. 

There's no rush on Skaggs now and could be optioned to the minors when healthy. 

Wilson needs to pitch when healthy. I see him as a trade chip at the deadline ... will keep the team under the luxury tax cap. 

Santiago and Tropeano are the heart of the rotation right now. 

Weaver is a warrior and needs to stay for the moment.

Lincecum is in when ready ... another trade line candidate possibly.

Chacin is on boworred time. He was a very good last minute pickup. 

We will keep our fingers crossed on Richards and Heaney. We can deal with that wonderful problem later.

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

What a wonderful problem to have ... there's really no right answer. 

I suspect someone will go to the bullpen named Shoemaker. 

There's no rush on Skaggs now and could be optioned to the minors when healthy. 

Wilson needs to pitch when healthy. I see him as a trade chip at the deadline ... will keep the team under the luxury tax cap. 

Santiago and Tropeano are the heart of the rotation right now. 

Weaver is a warrior and needs to stay for the moment.

Lincecum is in when ready ... another trade line candidate possibly.

Chacin is on boworred time. He was a very good last minute pickup. 

We will keep our fingers crossed on Richards and Heaney. We can deal with that wonderful problem later.

This is probably close to reality...though if Lincecum pitches well they may try to sign him for another year especially if Richards or Heaney don't come back in 2017.

2017 rotation = Santiago, Tropeano, Skaggs, Lincecum.  Would need a top of the rotation starter unless Richards can come back.

Edited by ksangel