• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun - Very Underrated (league wide)

The guys just quality. Not hitting for as much power but has a .386 OBP so far this year while playing solid defense. I'd keep him and Escobar in front of Trout the entire year. With the amount of busts we've had from our minor league system and the lack of position player talent coming through the system lately, it's been a breath of fresh air to see how consistently solid this guy is

Plus he's a Sun Devil!

Very happy with Calhoun so far. I was worrying a lot more than others about his increasing strikeouts and rapidly declining OBP and was really worried he'd continue those trends but so far he's looking to be on the right track. 

With Cron, Pujols, and even Giavotella bouncing back, all we need is LF and C to start stepping it up and we'll have a solid offense.

30 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

The guys just quality. Not hitting for as much power but has a .386 OBP so far this year while playing solid defense. I'd keep him and Escobar in front of Trout the entire year. With the amount of busts we've had from our minor league system and the lack of position player talent coming through the system lately, it's been a breath of fresh air to see how consistently solid this guy is

Plus he's a Sun Devil!

He was actually a Roughrider (Yavapai College in Prescott) before he was a Sun Devil.

I don't know that he's under-rated. Calhoun won the GG last season and is talked about by writers and announcers of other teams. When you have a Mike Trout on your team he does play second fiddle to him. 

One of my favorite players for sure. I like him batting in front of Trout too. He should see more fast balls in that spot. He has all the tools and still room to grow. 

i like him ... I like him a lot.

4 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Plus he's a Sun Devil!

CALZONE agrees.