• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brawl in Texas

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

I'm not sure what's more embarrassing...the awful ass commentary from the Rangers moron tv crew or the brilliant Rangers fans breaking out a USA chant

In their defense, they were opposing a team from Canada. I'd have absolutely joined in the chanting.

1 hour ago, Vladfan said:

IMO......Clean break up slide. Odor was a puss. He tried to hit him with the throw to 2nd and then the punch. Bautista wasn't "cocking" his fist back before the Odor punch landed.

Definitely not a dirty slide though. That's how you are supposed to break up a DP. 

The slide was clean as far as I'm concerned although I believe Bautista admitted he was was trying to hurt him. And Odor trying to take his head off with the throw was over the line. But you can definitely see Bautista cocking his right arm right after he was pushed. Check the video again. Odor just got him before he had a chance to swing.

Again though, I'm not particulary fond of either one them, or their teams. As I said earlier, just a series of A-hole moves on both sides all stemming from that bat flip. 

2 hours ago, Angelsfirst said:

The slide was clean as far as I'm concerned although I believe Bautista admitted he was was trying to hurt him. And Odor trying to take his head off with the throw was over the line. But you can definitely see Bautista cocking his right arm right after he was pushed. Check the video again. Odor just got him before he had a chance to swing.

Again though, I'm not particulary fond of either one them, or their teams. As I said earlier, just a series of A-hole moves on both sides all stemming from that bat flip. 

I think his hands were coming up to protect himself or shove Odor back. He had just been shoved backwards.

7 minutes ago, Vladfan said:

I think his hands were coming up to protect himself or shove Odor back. He had just been shoved backwards.

7 minutes ago, Vladfan said:

He was shoved backwards for a reason ...  Bautista was getting in his face after the illegal slide. Bautista could of just walked away at that point. I'm not siding with Odor nor am I with Bautista ... it takes two to tango.

8 hours ago, eaterfan said:

No comment on the blame here but I'm tired of baseball fights where 40 guys rush the field, stand around the mound, and yell "hold me back"! 

That was a fight where one guy wanted to puff his chest out and one guy wanted to fight.

I think it was Brandon, aka Steve Sanders, who said the gayest thing is watching ten guys from each bullpen rush 150 feet to join the fight. I would agree yet love seeing the gayness. 

Don't one judge me.

As a Ranger fan, I have always enjoyed the Angel forums. The fans are passionate and love their team. I read forums of other teams as well. I enjoy baseball and discussing baseball. I understand why you dislike Odor...he is one edgy cat but I love the guy because he is ours. Conversely, I hate Trout because he is yours but you can bet I would welcome him. If you are honest, I would bet most Angel fans would welcome Odor. Odor's slide last year is only different from Bautista's slide yesterday because of a change in the rules. As far as throwing low, there is no doubt he threw low. The purpose of a low throw is to make the runner "go low." Every middle infielder covering second on a possible double play does it. You have to force the runner down to make the play. You might want to listen to someone who has actually played the game instead of a sportscaster that has only written about the game. Rangers and Ranger fans have more of an issue with Toronto's whining than with the bat flip. From the manager down, everyone on that team complains about every call. As for waiting until the last game and last at bat to hit Bautista, in the seven games this year he batted .178 with 6 strikeouts. He knew it was coming and was so antsy, he never got comfortable in the box. I loved the way Bannister played that.

Both guys are fucking clowns. But as soon as bats got up from the slide and they got in each other's face it was game on. There was nothing cheap about that punch and I'll give odor props tbh for not backing down from a dude way bigger than him. Bats was definitely on Queer Street after that hook hit him, good thing beltre ran in to save his ass. 

Also LOL at the ranger fans chanting USA after the fight.  

1 hour ago, Chili1957 said:

As a Ranger fan, I have always enjoyed the Angel forums. The fans are passionate and love their team. I read forums of other teams as well. I enjoy baseball and discussing baseball. I understand why you dislike Odor...he is one edgy cat but I love the guy because he is ours. Conversely, I hate Trout because he is yours but you can bet I would welcome him. If you are honest, I would bet most Angel fans would welcome Odor. Odor's slide last year is only different from Bautista's slide yesterday because of a change in the rules. As far as throwing low, there is no doubt he threw low. The purpose of a low throw is to make the runner "go low." Every middle infielder covering second on a possible double play does it. You have to force the runner down to make the play. You might want to listen to someone who has actually played the game instead of a sportscaster that has only written about the game. Rangers and Ranger fans have more of an issue with Toronto's whining than with the bat flip. From the manager down, everyone on that team complains about every call. As for waiting until the last game and last at bat to hit Bautista, in the seven games this year he batted .178 with 6 strikeouts. He knew it was coming and was so antsy, he never got comfortable in the box. I loved the way Bannister played that.

Nice to hear the Ranger fan's perspective. I don't have a problem with throwing low, but you gotta get your throw to first base at least. Just like you have to make an attempt to touch the bag when sliding hard. Odor's throw went no where near first base. That was totally out of bounds.

Also, I consider making Matt Bush, a guy who wasn't even on the team last year hit Bautista was low class too.

Oz27.....a little bitter, are you? Don't you think when the Angels end up with "former Ranger douches" it speaks volumes of your front office? The greatest play of all was when we re-acquired Hamilton. Had our front office not made that move, no way would josh be able to finish that contract. So we spend $1mm a year to make sure our division rivals piss away $75mm. So. We will keep Odor and the Angels can continue to acquire the pantywaists. That way, you won't get your little feelings hurt. Also, I seriously doubt most Angels fans would be all butt hurt if Odor played for the Angels. 

Moccasin.....I agree, the throw never came close but I don't think he really cared. By the time he released the throw, he already knew what was going to happen. At the time, I didn't think the slide was as flagrant as it was but after watching from several angles, there was no doubt of the intent. As long as it doesn't take out his knees, I am good with a hard slide. Like I said earlier, he plays with an edge and it sure is fun to watch from our side. He is 22 years old and playing for the minimum $523k per year and we control him through 2020. He was sent to AAA for about 30 days last year and has been on fire since.

As for Matt Bush being asked to hit Bautista, in only three games he saw enough of that whiny titbag, I am sure he was more than happy to oblige. Talk about gaining the respect of your new team mates in hurry. 

You said there was no difference between the Odor slide and Bautista but  as an Angels fan I can say Odor not only deserved a punch in the face for the spiking of Giavotella but also a good long suspension. MLB was way to slow to put a lid on that crap.

Hey,  he's you asshole so your used to his stink but the next time he spikes one of our players I hope the entire team puts a fist in that assholes face.

Bautista should have taken his complaint to the mound and given Bush a black eye but he did it wrong and got clocked and that's on him for being a douche. It still doesn't make your douche any better of a player nor justified for the shit he does.

Edited by Blarg

Blarg, giavotella got spiked because of a crappy throw from freez and because of the late slide. A late slide that was legal last year but still wrong on Odor's part. The late slide was intentional but the spike was not. 

Bautista doesn't have the guts to charge Matt Bush on the mound. He was content to pick on the smallest guy on the team. Bush and Odor are listed as the same size but trust me, it isn't even close. At most, Odor is 5'7" or 5'8". I didn't realize calling someone a douche was such a big thing in California. Is that all ya got? Gets a little redundant. I am guessing language arts was never your strong suit. 

Edited by Chili1957

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

If Bautista was really pissed at being hit by a pitch the person to confront was on the mound. Bautista is a jackass.

Yeah. I'm sure a fake tough guy like Baut wants to go out to the mound to confront a guy who just finished a 3 year prison bid lol

Chili,  Giavotella got spiked because that asshole Odor spiked him instead of sliding to the bag.  He had to go to the third base side to nail Johnny and that is exactly what he did. He made no attempt to slide into the bag. So screw you and the asshole you are defending. maxresdefault.jpg

And as for the legality of that slide, spiking a player has never been within the rules. The umpire didn't do his job which should have been eject Odor.

Edited by Blarg

2 hours ago, Chili1957 said:

Oz27.....a little bitter, are you? Don't you think when the Angels end up with "former Ranger douches" it speaks volumes of your front office? The greatest play of all was when we re-acquired Hamilton. Had our front office not made that move, no way would josh be able to finish that contract. So we spend $1mm a year to make sure our division rivals piss away $75mm. So. We will keep Odor and the Angels can continue to acquire the pantywaists. That way, you won't get your little feelings hurt. Also, I seriously doubt most Angels fans would be all butt hurt if Odor played for the Angels. 

I was going to reply but I'll just stick to this...