• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryan Braun

I don't get, how is he a scumbag? Because he used PED's?

The real problem here has little to do with the contract or his age. The Angels just don't have the currency (prospects or young players) to swing this deal. The young players we do have on this team (Trout, Calhoun, Cron, Simmons, Richards) are indispensable. As far as prospects go, out top 4 get the ball rolling, but probably don't get it done.

I don't get, how is he a scumbag? Because he used PED's?

The real problem here has little to do with the contract or his age. The Angels just don't have the currency (prospects or young players) to swing this deal. The young players we do have on this team (Trout, Calhoun, Cron, Simmons, Richards) are indispensable. As far as prospects go, out top 4 get the ball rolling, but probably don't get it done.

The first time he got caught for PEDs he blamed the person that collected the sample, basically ruining his life and calling him racist.

He constantly lied to all of his fans about being roided out until finally the evidence was so strong he could no longer deny it.  Scumbag.

I wouldn't do anything at this point except make Soto the everyday catcher and see if you can't bring up someone like Kubitza, Cowart, or Johnson to get time at 2b.  You bridge a gap and hope Albert starts hitting and Weaver's magic show can last a bit longer.  

Not having Heaney or Wilson in the rotation has actually hurt quite a bit.  If you can tread water and get to .500 until Skaggs gets healthy enough to join the rotation, you have an outside chance.  It's not looking too good right now though.  

Would you consider it if the Brewers ate half his contract? So the Angels would basically get him for 5 years $45 million?

Heck yes, those saying no on this thread were the same ones ready to give 200mil to Heyward and company.  Braun has been a top 2 tier player after the steroid incident. He's not a MVP but pretty dang good. 

Nate, it's my last day of vacation, I'm bored, I don't feel like working in the backyard, so I'm trying to create conversation.

So, you don't think Braun's real numbers are worth $9 million a year?

Well, at 9M per those #'s look pretty good. Though I'm not advocating the acquisition.... He is a douche~

However, being from that era in the sport..... His body will start breaking down, the roids eat the tendons.... expect an Achilles blow out or other major issues starting in the future. The eye and hitting knowledge wont stop just the body wont be able to continue after the stress put on it with the additional peds and roid usage.