• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LE/Ten Ocho - Ask Him Anything

TORS, how easy is it for a cop or investigator to steal evidence? Say one of them came across a bag of cash, possibly drug money, or even drugs themselves. If they're first on the scene, no ones around, is it easy for someone crooked to keep it? What's the procedure when you encounter something like that? Do you hear that happening much?

probably pretty easy.

Its a different generation now. We have body cams, everyone records us with cell phones, etc. So out here it could still be done, but i think the main things are A. Hiring good people, and B. Losing a good job for whatever piddly amount you might find in someones car.

I stopped some jamaicans once with a million in the trunk. I was a boot, so i thought "man, this is just like the movies! I guess this is what its like!" Since then probably a couple hundred os the most ive ever found. Youd have to be an idiot to risk even an accusation over something like that (to me).

But i know back east, the south, etc, they dont get paid very well. I think thats where that kind of shit is ripe to happen. I dont think the talent pool outisde of the cities is as good (no offense to those guys), and if they arent making much money to begin with, i think thats where it starts.

But in the southland, its like a bank. Pay a decent wage and you probably dont have to worry about the teller shorting the drawer.

As far as some of those stories of cops stealing from eveidence rooms, at least where im at, it couldnt be done. All our evidence gets booked into a room we cant get into. After its booked we cant get it out without the property people standing there to inventory what we did. Its a pain in the ass but it makes sense. (Detectives are usually the only ones who need to get to evidence though, so they can take it to court)

not near enough of either for a lot of the guys.

Side note. Our city is really cheap...so we cant control the AC at the building. So when they go home for the weekend (they being the city people downtown), our thermostat is where they left theirs...around 85 so they can save energy.

So when the summer hits, and youre in our building on a weekend....

85?!? so your sergeant is an 88 year old retiree?

oddly enough, most meth addicts get skinny right? Not true a lot of the time. Most of the regulars can eat when they tweak, so a lot of them have guts like regular people.

But the meth still eats the boobs...once youve seen methed out boobs, with abscesses, resting on a gut....

I won't let you ruin titties for me. I just won't.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2016 at 2:36 PM, Brandon said:

Irvine is funny. I don't see them much, but when I do it's an Asian dude pulling over a black person.

Theres black people in Irvine? Probably italian.

Havent been able to get back on here, works been slammed. The trump thing was fun.

Anyone get stuck on the 91 last night during that pursuit? That was a pretty good example of how something pretty simple becomes very complex.

Vehicle matches the description of a shooting suspect. But is that confirmed yet? Multiple agencies with different radios so the info is going to be delayed, and its kind of spotty about who is handling. Generally speaking the CHP is in charge once you hand it over to them. That said they dont have a SWAT team for a stand off.

You have at least 1000 people or so stuck on the freeway demanding you solve the problem, but youre still waiting to confirm the crime. Is he armed? Or is this just a DUI in a similar vehicle?

Either way, what a mess

Ok, police guy.  This is actually a serious question, not that my other questions haven't been serious.  But this just seems so cool.

Would I get arrested if I had this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FJ3LW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=CHYDIUS8KQQZ&coliid=ISQP40RFUERJ4

See, I don't trust it's claims since it's made by sweep the legs dojo.  And how well of a self defense tool is it really?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FJ3LW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=CHYDIUS8KQQZ&coliid=ISQP40RFUERJ4

See, I don't trust it's claims since it's made by sweep the legs dojo.  And how well of a self defense tool is it really?

that looks like it would do serious damage very quickly. good question about whether or not it's legal.

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Ok, police guy.  This is actually a serious question, not that my other questions haven't been serious.  But this just seems so cool.

Hmmmm.....technically it's a dirk, so illegal in California. But you can carry a sheathed knife if it's not concealed. I'll look up the section and get back to you on that.

Fun fact.  A concealed loaded gun is still a misdemeanor...

On 5/10/2016 at 1:18 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Hmmmm.....technically it's a dirk, so illegal in California. But you can carry a sheathed knife if it's not concealed. I'll look up the section and get back to you on that.

Fun fact.  A concealed loaded gun is still a misdemeanor...

Looking at this site. 

http://www.weaponsedge.com/California-self-defense-and-knife-Law/

Yeah, might as well go to the NRA site to see if I can shoot someone.  But according to them.

" A dirk and a dagger are the same thing. They are defined as “any knife or other instrument with or without a hand-guard that is capable or ready use as a stabbing weapon that may inflict great bodily injury or death only if the blade of the knife is exposed and locked into position.”  "

Since the tactical pen isn't a stabbing weapon and more of a blunt force weapon, or have a blade of a knife.  Would it apply? 

Thats a good question. Just looked up the section, and it includes "writing pen knife". That said, its not a knife technically. Funny enough, with the cap to the pen, that might be what keeps it legal (could be wrong). 

Ill run the question by a couple of guys and see whos got a decent take on it. Keep in mind what might be legal or illegal in one state could be totally different in another.