• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LE/Ten Ocho - Ask Him Anything

ha, have you seen that classic video clip? some chick has had it splashed all over Facebook after being pulled over by a CHP and claiming to be not a US citizen but a sovereign citizen. she of course filmed it for all of us to see. it's epic. i'll see if i can find it.

My consultation retainer fee is a beer.

Yes to the sovereign citizen thing. Its been years, it pretty much died down. Basically, that whole movement was/is a pyramid scheme. What you had was a group of nuts that came up with their own interpretation of law, and for am easy fee they could teach you how to not pay taxes, pay your mortgage etc.

We didnt have anything too crazy with it...more just getting yelled at by people who thought they had coupon to be exempt from something. But there were a few coppers killed by these people. Part of it i guess you can say was because of their beliefs, but i think these guys were nuts to begin with. The SC thing was just kind of an identity they latched onto...they would have been weirdos regardless of whatever moblvement they joined.

As far as asking if someones been arrested before, its a handful of things. Part of it is to see if someone is suspicious to begin with. Lets say i stop you riding your bike. You look fit, youre wesring cycle gear. Alright, not suspicious. Now lets say youre riding your stolen (you can tell) bike around a residential neighborhood at night with your black hoodie on, backpack, and flashlight...im gonna want to know if you have priors for burglary or theft.

The other reason is to see how truthful you are. It never fails that you ask a bad guy (not a regular guy who made a mistake once) what hes been arrested for, and they say dui, and nothing else. Then you run them and they come back with ADW, burglary, parole violations, etc. "I got arrested for fighting" means "i stabbed a guy" most of the time.

Flip side, generally speaking, whwn guys are up front like i did x y and z, its usually have a nice day. If theyre being honest theyre usually not up to anything wrong.

If i stopped any normal person (this is just me) i wouldnt ask if theyve been arrested. I generally ask if theyrr on probation/parole, and sometimes im suprised by normal looking guy who is, but its rare.

This is just speaking for myself, but im looking for guns and stolen property. I dont write tickets (my bosses can back me on that) unless you really did something dickhead.

If a normal person is stopped and asked if theyve ever been arrested, and i hate to throw anyone under the bus, but thats generally a cop that works in a boring city. And its more emulating what he was taught in the academy by staff that worked somewhere that was busy. Again, sometimes you get suprised. 290 registrants for example dont all look the part. But for the most part bad guys are easy to spot. Body language...

At some point I had a handful of cars that my fam never sold after they got new ones. I had to drive them once in a while to keep them wet but I didn't always wash them. One time city popo pulled me over because the car was too dirty. She was cool and calm without doing the whole cop intimidation schtick. During our chat she gave me a tip... "bad guys drive dirty cars and it attracts attention from LE."

So when you get pulled over.  Usually the first things a cop says is, do you know what you did?

So what is the right answer?  Fess up and self incriminate yourself and give the cop a admission for court, but also telling the truth that you know you ****ed up and maybe he might let you off.  Or say I don't know, even though you do know that you were speeding/ran the light/california stopped it?

I have never personally heard a cop ask "do you know what you did". Just on videos.

I don't know the right answer but I've seen the admission and apology approach work well on several occasions. The cop either gave a warning or substantially dropped severity of ticket because of it. However lawyers always say not to admit to anything and to keep interaction as uneventful as possible.

It's not a bad tactic to refuse to answer questions you are not required to answer. Cops are not your friends and you should be just as suspicious of their intentions when asking off the wall questions.

What off the wall questions?

Have you ever been arrested?

Are you on parole?

Do you know why I pulled you over?

Have you been drinking tonight?

These all seem like reasonable questions to me. Granted I'm white and respectful, but I've never been asked "off the wall" questions.

At some point I had a handful of cars that my fam never sold after they got new ones. I had to drive them once in a while to keep them wet but I didn't always wash them. One time city popo pulled me over because the car was too dirty. She was cool and calm without doing the whole cop intimidation schtick. During our chat she gave me a tip... "bad guys drive dirty cars and it attracts attention from LE."

this is actually true. Its not "science", but generally speaking, smart crooks know to be inconspicuous. Abd tweakers for example arent generally concerned with maintenance.

So when you get pulled over. Usually the first things a cop says is, do you know what you did?

So what is the right answer? Fess up and self incriminate yourself and give the cop a admission for court, but also telling the truth that you know you ****ed up and maybe he might let you off. Or say I don't know, even though you do know that you were speeding/ran the light/california stopped it?

cant really answer this one. Its going to depend on the cop. Speaking for myself, my litmus test is whether or not someone is a victim. I think what youre asking refers to a traffic stop (as opposed to criminal). Like i said im not a big ticket guy. So if no one was really effected by what you did, and you own it, im usually back in my car in 10 seconds with a "ok, pay more attention, have a nice day"

A rolling stop sign, speeding thats not too crazy, cell phone that you put down when you see me, stuff like that, i 9 out of 10 times pull up next to you and say knock it off. Cutting people off or driving like an assh*le ill stop for. If you play dumb you get a ticket.

I have never personally heard a cop ask "do you know what you did". Just on videos.

I don't know the right answer but I've seen the admission and apology approach work well on several occasions. The cop either gave a warning or substantially dropped severity of ticket because of it. However lawyers always say not to admit to anything and to keep interaction as uneventful as possible.

Thats another thing. Im pretty notorious for finding a fix it ticket when you did something righteous but are cool about it. Speeding tickets turn into front license plates tickets a lot.