• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's behind Mike Trout's early struggles?

Chuck

Trout is under a lot of pressure. The expectations alone must be heavy on him. Bryce Harper's enormous success is no doubt on his mind. It has to be eating at him that he's struggling. I think he's trying to push himself to hard.[/quote

Every superstar is under pressure ... poor excuse. I have no doubt he'll breakout of it but ...

Trout is under a lot of pressure. The expectations alone must be heavy on him. Bryce Harper's enormous success is no doubt on his mind. It has to be eating at him that he's struggling. I think he's trying to push himself to hard.

Do you believe your own bullshit or are you just trying to be a complete clown.

Brand new here, first post, so I'm sure this idea has been discussed at length. But Trout's mindset of taking the first pitch isn't a secret around the league. As a result he's almost always in the hole. Even great hitters have trouble behind in the count. He needs to go up there slashing at every good pitch, even first pitches. Once he does, pitchers will be reluctant to throw those easy slow curves down the middle that he keeps looking at. Plus he seems overweight. He's too great an athlete not to break out of this, but I don't think Scioscia is doing him any favors batting him third in front of a weak Pujols. 

Edited by BillyBruton

Brand new here, first post, so I'm sure this idea has been discussed at length. But Trout's mindset of taking the first pitch isn't a secret around the league. As a result he's almost always in the hole. Even great hitters have trouble behind in the count. He needs to go up there slashing at every good pitch, even first pitches. Once he does, pitchers will be reluctant to throw those easy slow curves down the middle that he keeps looking at. Plus he seems overweight. He's too great an athlete not to break out of this, but I don't think Scioscia is doing him any favors batting him third in front of a weak Pujols.

Welcome.

This website might be the only thing that keeps this season tolerable.

And really, IMO the truth is..even if Trout were batting .355 with 8 hrs and 15 RBI

The W-L record would be pretty much the same.

Trout is under a lot of pressure. The expectations alone must be heavy on him. Bryce Harper's enormous success is no doubt on his mind. It has to be eating at him that he's struggling. I think he's trying to push himself to hard.

Haha. Sometimes you say incredibly funny things.

Do you believe your own bullshit or are you just trying to be a complete clown.

Yes I believe my own bullshit. Mike Trout has been anointed by the baseball world and the fans as the best player on the planet. You don't think that puts a lot of pressure on him? Remember when Pujols got here and struggled people here were saying that he was under a lot of pressure to perform because of his big contract.

Mike Trout has been amazing but he's not surrounded by a bunch of top performers. Everything falls on his shoulders. Pujols is in the on deck circle hitting .161 so Trout has to be under pressure to perform if they want to win. Scioscia needs to put Calhoun between Trout and Pujols. Righty, Lefty, Righty at the heart of the order would help Trout. It's only common sense.