• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

Bummer they didn't promote Adell to Orem yet. I thought after reading Todd was getting promoted they'd bump up Adell. 

Also, does anyone have any info on Brandon Marsh? Did his finger fall completely off his hand?

51 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I know I likely sound like a broken record but..  it sure is nice having a farm system again.....

It's good to be grateful. Though it isn't our personal lives, it's the team we root for. Count those blessings one by one.

I too am pretty thrilled by where we're at. I think we have a promising system, with a group of low ceiling-high floor types in A+/AA that can be plugged in at the majors soon enough, and we have a wave of low floor-high upside players in the lower levels.

Give it two years and we'll have considerable major league depth and a group of potential all-stars knocking on the door in AA as well as two more drafts and international classes to add to the lower levels.

In two years we'll have a very competitive major league team and a top tier farm system. Whether others realize it or not is another thing entirely, but I don't want to get hung up on the Angels being rightfully recognized for how good they've become. I'd rather they just hang some banners and have a constant flux of talent. 

And I hope they never act so unwisely in trades and free agency as they did before, which would require a complete overhaul as we've seen the last few years.

20 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

It's good to be grateful. Though it isn't our personal lives, it's the team we root for. Count those blessings one by one.

I too am pretty thrilled by where we're at. I think we have a promising system, with a group of low ceiling-high floor types in A+/AA that can be plugged in at the majors soon enough, and we have a wave of low floor-high upside players in the lower levels.

Give it two years and we'll have considerable major league depth and a group of potential all-stars knocking on the door in AA as well as two more drafts and international classes to add to the lower levels.

In two years we'll have a very competitive major league team and a top tier farm system. Whether others realize it or not is another thing entirely, but I don't want to get hung up on the Angels being rightfully recognized for how good they've become. I'd rather they just hang some banners and have a constant flux of talent. 

And I hope they never act so unwisely in trades and free agency as they did before, which would require a complete overhaul as we've seen the last few years.

I know it's been said 100 million times but holy shit, we were all so blinded by Dipoto. Imagine If Eppler got the job when Dipoto was hired...  This Org would be light years ahead of where we are now 

Jam Jones promotion is well deserved.  Not including tonight with a hr, he's had an .850 ops over his last 60 games.  It was really his first 25 games when he hit below .200 and had and ops below .500 that has brought him down.  He's been terrific for the most part.  Even if he struggles at A+ ball and starts there next year, He likely reaches AA in his age 20 season.  

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Jam Jones promotion is well deserved.  Not including tonight with a hr, he's had an .850 ops over his last 60 games.  It was really his first 25 games when he hit below .200 and had and ops below .500 that has brought him down.  He's been terrific for the most part.  Even if he struggles at A+ ball and starts there next year, He likely reaches AA in his age 20 season.  

He's certainly adding weight to the argument that we only need a stopgap LF acquisition.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Dipoto and co.'s last draft is turning out to have a lot of potential with Jones, Long, Sanger, Fletcher, Vega etc.  with several potential major league relievers.  Too bad they took Ward where they did.  

I remember after that draft a few of us were doing the usual post draft digging up of facts on guys and were really excited about Ryan Vega....  Someone had asked we we seemed geeked, because there wasnt much about him and he was coming from a JC....   I think it was Eaterfan and me who were just so happy to see us taking someone who was more projection and upside than certainty...   Vega had been a JC All-American or something like that after his first year... he was relatively unknown but he was young and projectable... and in some ways a nod to the international market having been a product of the Beltran Baseball school in PR....  basically everything the typical JD draftee wasn't.  He may never amount to anything but we were just so happy to see them take a risk for a change...

Now we have like 10 guys we can dream on...   It's nice to not have to pin all our hopes on one guy. 

Wednesday, July 19:
Salt Lake (52-45) won 11 to 0 over Reno (56-41)
David Fletcher: 1-6, SB (4)
Kaleb Cowart: 0-5
Jefry Marte: 3-6, RBI, 2 R, SB (4)
Cesar Puello: 2-6
Ramon Flores: 1-2, HR (4), 2 RBI, 3 BB, 3 R
Tony Sanchez: 2-3, 2B, HR (3), 5 RBI
Luis Diaz: 6 IP, 2 H, 3 BB, 7 K
Mike Morin: 2 IP, BB, K
Deolis Guerra: 1 IP, 2 K, down to a 1.23 ERA over 22 IP, 3 BB to 21 K

Mobile (42-52) lost 1 to 12 to Chattanooga (62-34)
Troy Montgomery: 0-3, BB, K
Michael Hermosillo: 1-4
Matt Thaiss: 0-4, 2 K
Jose Rojas: 1-4, 3 K
Tim Arakawa: 2-3
Jaime Barria: 4.1 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 5 K, 2 HR

Burlington (43-52) won 4 to 1 over Bowling Green (46-47)
Jahmai Jones: 2-4, HR (9), RBI - promoted to Inland Empire following game
Jonah Todd (First A game): 1-5
Artemis Kadkhodaian: 1-4, HR (3), 2 RBI, BB
Richard Fecteau: 2-3
Worth noting...
Joe Gatto: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 4 K - only 4 walks in 19.1 July IP
Carlos Salazar: 2 IP, 3 K - career BB/9 of 8.2! since joining Angels org, down to 5.5 (only 13 IP)
Jackson Zarubin: 2 IP, 2 H, 3 K

DSL Angels (17-21) lost 5 to 6 to the DSL Phillies Red (16-22)
Miguel De La Cruz: 2-3, R, RBI, BB, K

DSL Angels (18-21) lost 5 to 6 to the DSL Phillies Red (16-23)
Oliver Carmona: 3-3, 2B, HR (2), RBI
Galvi Agramonte: 3 IP, BB, 2 K
Someone to watch...
Andres Pena: 4 IP, H, 4 K - only 17 years old, 6'1", 160, but holding his own - 2.35 ERA, 23 IP, 16 H, 6 ER, 12 BB, 18 K, .195 BAA, 1.22 WHIP

Assuming no set-backs, I see Jam's path as:

2017 (19): A/A+

2018 (20): A+/AA

2019 (21): AA/AAA - Sept call-up

2020 (22): starter for the Angels

I think Hermosillo is ready to contribute by the end of next year or 2019 at the latest, so I'd like to see the Angels only sign someone for a one-year contract. In fact, Maybin's injury might be a blessing in disguise, in this regard, as his free agent value has dropped considerably with his slump and he won't have much time to improve his stats. I say the Angels offer him 1/$15M and be done with it. Or they could pay a few more and give him a QO and get a compensation pick if he signs elsewhere, then sign someone cheaper.

Anyhow, Puello really needs an audition ASAP. Dude has nothing more to prove in AAA.

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Assuming no set-backs, I see Jam's path as:

2017 (19): A/A+

2018 (20): A+/AA

2019 (21): AA/AAA - Sept call-up

2020 (22): starter for the Angels

I think Hermosillo is ready to contribute by the end of next year or 2019 at the latest, so I'd like to see the Angels only sign someone for a one-year contract. In fact, Maybin's injury might be a blessing in disguise, in this regard, as his free agent value has dropped considerably with his slump and he won't have much time to improve his stats. I say the Angels offer him 1/$15M and be done with it. Or they could pay a few more and give him a QO and get a compensation pick if he signs elsewhere, then sign someone cheaper.

Anyhow, Puello really needs an audition ASAP. Dude has nothing more to prove in AAA.

I agree.

I'm hoping they're just getting Robinson some playing time from now till the trading deadline. Once Aug 1st hits, call up all the kids. Trade off some vets. 

18 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree.

I'm hoping they're just getting Robinson some playing time from now till the trading deadline. Once Aug 1st hits, call up all the kids. Trade off some vets. 

If the Angels were really serious about competing this year, Chavez and Nolasco wouldn't be in the starting rotation and Danny Espinosa wouldn't have been our starting 2B after May.

This year is a transition year, meant to be seen as a tryout of sorts for 2019, when we get Heaney, Tropeano, Skaggs and Richards all healthy. That's why we've seen a tryout for Meyer, Bridwell, Ramirez, Norris, Hernandez, Petit and Franklin. Typically if you want to compete, you'll want options more proven than these guys.

Fortunately for these guys, many of them have performed and put themselves on the depth chart for next year, Cowart and Puello included.

I think next year you'll see a lot more opportunity for those performing. If our starting LF isn't hitting and Puello is, he'll be in the lineup because we simply don't have any time left to wait.

6 hours ago, totdprods said:

He's certainly adding weight to the argument that we only need a stopgap LF acquisition.

We could potentially trade for someone like Michael Brantley who has one year left after 2017.

8 minutes ago, ettin said:

We could potentially trade for someone like Michael Brantley who has one year left after 2017.

No worthwhile LF will sign for only only a year unless a Yoenis Cespedes situation happens where the market drops and he signs a one-year "prove it" deal. Since we can't count on that, it's likely a one year deal in free agency is reserved for the Daniel Nava type, and that already hasn't worked out. 

So if the Angels do go with a one year option, a trade is our most likely option.

37 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

No worthwhile LF will sign for only only a year unless a Yoenis Cespedes situation happens where the market drops and he signs a one-year "prove it" deal. Since we can't count on that, it's likely a one year deal in free agency is reserved for the Daniel Nava type, and that already hasn't worked out. 

So if the Angels do go with a one year option, a trade is our most likely option.

Michael Brantley is still on contract (team option) through 2018 so we would be trading with the Indians was my point.