• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

Even if Upton Opts out and doesn't return, this trade was well worth it. It is a sign that Eppler has the go on using up the budget and acquiring high price players. It is a sign that our team is in it to win it, rather than constantly retooling. Furthermore, this trade was rather a small price for a MOTO bat we desperately needed. This trade to me is a clear two thumbs up no matter what the outcome or future is.

• 3 weeks later...

Baseball America Chat...

Ralphie Mun-Kee (Katella): All of all the exciting young Latin arms in the Angels system (Wilkel, Yan bros, Aquino, etc.), who was your favorite to watch personally?

Bill Mitchell: I’m a big Jose Soriano fan, as you can tell by his inclusion on a very deep Arizona League list. He really made good progress this summer. The other pitcher that I really liked was 11th round pick Jerryell Rivera, a LHP from Puerto Rico. He’s very tall, very lean and projectable. I don’t have a lot of notes on him since I knew he wouldn’t pitch enough to qualify, but I recall that he was sitting around 90 mph but with the projection to add more velo. He’s got a loose arm and gets good extension.

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-arizona-pioneer-league-chats/#BKRa8LXygvoVT612.99

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, Inside Pitch said:

I saw that -- I chose not to dwell on it.    Sucks but at least we have like 7 other Rodriguezes...   As you know, I was very high on Elvin.

Per Baseball America website this award is based solely on performance this year and not at all on future projection...notice he was not chosen in the top ten in the league but Chris Rodriquez was.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Four Angels prospects in BBA's  Pioneer League top 10.   Adell, Marsh, Chris Rodriguez, and Leo Rivas...

Interesting that Thaiss was not top twenty in Southern League but Jones and Barria were top twenty in California League per BA.

Quote from BA on California League Top 20 - "Top draft picks filled the league (California) and excelled, with top-10 selections Brendan Rodgers, A.J. Puk and Cal Quantrill shining in particular before being promoted at the all-star break. In their place came another wave of talent, headlined by Jon Duplantier, Jahmai Jones and Keibert Ruiz."

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I've been hearing rumors that Adell's arm is worse off than thought originally when drafted.   I hope those rumors are false.

Worse off how?  They didnt play him due to a shoulder issue -- are you saying that they believe the injury is worse than they believed it to be?  I haven't heard diddly about it.

On 10/13/2017 at 3:30 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Worse off how?  They didnt play him due to a shoulder issue -- are you saying that they believe the injury is worse than they believed it to be?  I haven't heard diddly about it.

Here's from this week's Fangraphs prospect chat... https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/eric-longenhagen-prospects-chat-1010/

"Cameron: Will Jo Adell be playing in AFL? What are you hearing from scouts about him?

Eric A Longenhagen: No, not advanced enough for that. He’s back playing the field and throwing poorly as he did this spring. I saw him last week. Had a 70 on his outfield arm last summer, it’s a 30 now. But scouts love the bat and he’s running well enough to be hopeful he stays in CF."

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

That's my concern, going from a 70 arm to 30 arm in just a year plus? 

But he's injured..    Jim Edmonds was a legit SP prospect in HS who while showing off in a showcase hurt his arm.  It was so bad that he started his pro career as a 1B before finally being able to move back to the OF...    Scouts grading during instructs is a bit silly..  they are out there working on particular mechanics and individual skill sets for the most part.

2 hours ago, Gil said:

Here's from this week's Fangraphs prospect chat... https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/eric-longenhagen-prospects-chat-1010/

"Cameron: Will Jo Adell be playing in AFL? What are you hearing from scouts about him?

Eric A Longenhagen: No, not advanced enough for that. He’s back playing the field and throwing poorly as he did this spring. I saw him last week. Had a 70 on his outfield arm last summer, it’s a 30 now. But scouts love the bat and he’s running well enough to be hopeful he stays in CF."

Ty for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 11:42 AM, Gil said:

i don't follow scouting reports and grading systems for minor leaguers. if you don't mind, can you explain what going from a 70 to a 30 means? thanks.