• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reminder we also started off slow in 2002

NrM

Yikes.

I'm a fan of another team in another sport that always looks back at it's turnaround championship season, and I'll tell you that it's a terrible habit to have/look back on as reassurance. The Angels have started off slow so many times in the past decade, it's what puts us in terrible situations in the final week of the season. 

Yikes.

I'm a fan of another team in another sport that always looks back at it's turnaround championship season, and I'll tell you that it's a terrible habit to have/look back on as reassurance. The Angels have started off slow so many times in the past decade, it's what puts us in terrible situations in the final week of the season. 

Hopefully you caught my sarcasm. We see this post every year by mid april. Thought I'd get a head start.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

15-1

The halo skipper isn't in the 3rd base dugout...he was in the 1st base dugout.

Joe Maddon is the boss....and we're stuck with The Big Catorce...

Maddon has won 2 division and 0 WS titles in 10 years.

Scioscia has won 6 division and 1 WS titles in 16 years.

but Joe is kooky and posts cute sayings in the clubhouse so let's all join in on the circle jerk that surrounds good ol' Joe

Honestly, Maddon is pretty similar to Sosh in how he goes about things. Anybody watch the Cubs in the playoffs and the stuff Maddon was doing? There really isn't a difference IMO. Maddon's just more open in the media whereas Sosh is boring with his baseball cliche's.

The reason the Cubs whooped the Angels is because they have much more talent. Maddon didn't get his guys ready to play or manage any better than Sosh, he simply filled out the lineup card. It's easy to look good when you have a really good roster

Honestly, Maddon is pretty similar to Sosh in how he goes about things. Anybody watch the Cubs in the playoffs and the stuff Maddon was doing? There really isn't a difference IMO. Maddon's just more open in the media whereas Sosh is boring with his baseball cliche's.

The reason the Cubs whooped the Angels is because they have much more talent. Maddon didn't get his guys ready to play or manage any better than Sosh, he simply filled out the lineup card. It's easy to look good when you have a really good roster

Spot on. One team is very talented, one isn't. Good teams beat not good teams more often than not.

Some of the reactions to the first two games are a little over the top. We will obviously be better than this. But some of the problems this team was always certain to have, like the offense and bullpen, have been unsurprisingly on display already.

Funny, I was laughing about this last night wondering how many hours/minutes after the beginning of the repeated slaughter of last night's game this thread would appear. Yes, April games don't matter. Just tell that to pretty much every Angels' team that has fell short of making the post-season since 2010 due to, once again, not being prepared to open the season.

So by that logic we can expect other teams with really good rosters (and there are several) to beat up on us like the Cubs did.

Okay, so 75 wins seems reasonable.

Edited by fan_since79