• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Climate Change

Climate Change  

24 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not sure we really know exactly how much we're impacting it, but most of the data seems to suggest we are. Maybe the data overestimates or maybe it underestimates ... but I think we contribute at least some.

More important for me though is not being such a dirty, wasteful and arrogant people. You don't believe man has something to do with climate change? Fine. But we should still work towards handing down a cleaner planet to our kids.

Edited by Geoff

It's actually the ideal political issue.  You can't measure it, you can't prove it, all you can do is argue about it.

You possess the mindset that right-wing politicians love because they know they can manipulate you and other like-minded conservatives. We have measured it. CO2 levels are the highest they've been in hundreds of thousands of years. Sea levels are rising. The evidence is overwhelming.

This is very similar to when oil companies would hire lawyers to tell the courts that lead in gasoline wasn't doing harm. They tried to muddy the waters but in the end, we got lead out of our gas. Still, it just proves that there will always be a crowd who will be persuaded by the pseudoscience counter argument.

It's actually the ideal political issue.  You can't measure it, you can't prove it, all you can do is argue about it.

Exactly Jay...with the exception that you can measure it, and prove it (like they've been doing for over a decade), and argue about it if you ignore points 1 and 2...you are exactly right.

i think it's arrogant to assume that our wasteful ways don't have an impact. we had such a huge hole in the ozone and the amount of smog in LA necessetated closing school sometimes or cancelling PE classes. we've made important improvements but still have room to grow.

it bothers me that there are US companies that can't produce certain products here at home because of regulations, but will make them for other countries that don't have the same requirements. that's a crappy way to do business.

how much our wasteful ways impact the climate is hard to measure, and that's the great debate. we should certainly do all we can to lesson our impact on the planet. al gore can start by reducing his gigantic carbon footprint.

So what if we all suck it up and cut down emissions and even quit eating so many hamburgers so we can cut down on the cow farts then comes a string of major eruptions that black out the sky for a few weeks and screw up all our hard work?

China and India are going to laugh at us for telling them they can't do what we've been doing for a century because it's their emissions that put us over the top.

You possess the mindset that right-wing politicians love because they know they can manipulate you and other like-minded conservatives. We have measured it. CO2 levels are the highest they've been in hundreds of thousands of years. Sea levels are rising. The evidence is overwhelming.

This is very similar to when oil companies would hire lawyers to tell the courts that lead in gasoline wasn't doing harm. They tried to muddy the waters but in the end, we got lead out of our gas. Still, it just proves that there will always be a crowd who will be persuaded by the pseudoscience counter argument.

And you have the mindset of all the geeky libs who believe everything they are spoon-fed by the climat alarmists.

Exactly Jay...with the exception that you can measure it, and prove it (like they've been doing for over a decade), and argue about it if you ignore points 1 and 2...you are exactly right.

You can't prove what is causing it, or if there is anything we can do about it...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/09/why-bother-john-kerry-admits-american-co2-cuts-would-be-pointless/

And you have the mindset of all the geeky libs who believe everything they are spoon-fed by the climat alarmists.

Lol, nice try but I actually researched this issue on my own before I cared about the politics. And it's not just those who are socially liberal that believe that man is contributing to it. The vast majority of Independents also agree. Not all conservatives are deniers but clearly you fit right into that dwindling camp.

Edited by InsideThePark

Lol, nice try but I actually researched this issue on my own before I cared about the politics. And it's not just those who are socially liberal that believe that man is contributing to it. The vast majority of Independents also agree. Not all conservatives are deniers but clearly fit right into that dwindling camp.

cool, so you googled it, congrats.

You can't prove what is causing it, or if there is anything we can do about it... http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/09/why-bother-john-kerry-admits-american-co2-cuts-would-be-pointless/

Breitbart, lol. You can't get much further right wing than that. You just used a source that endorsed Trump in a climate change debate. At least we know now the type of garbage you listen to.

Breitbart, lol. You can't get much further right wing than that. You just used a source that endorsed Trump in a climate change debate. At least we know now the type of garbage you listen to.

It didn't take long for you to fall into the time-tested left-wing tactic of shouting down anyone who has an opposing viewpoint. Well done.

Of course you can and it has.

You are years behind the right wing curve. Cons already admit that you can measure and prove it. You need to get updated on the Con climate argument.

laugh...ok

We'll all just sit back and watch what happens when there are millions of refugees from the state of Florida in the next few decades...when they don't have things like fresh water, or land...because that will be cheaper than doing nothing.

They will just go back to Cuba.

Of course you can and it has.

You are years behind the right wing curve. Cons already admit that you can measure and prove it. You need to get updated on the Con climate argument.

Link? Thanks.

I should have been clearer, that you can't prove or measure the extent that Man is responsible for the change in climate. Or that Man can do anything to reverse it, much less the U.S.

One of the problems with climate change is that its causes are a lot more than fossile fuels. So traditionally we argued that it was caused by emissions, and going to hybrid cars vs 8 cylinder suvs was the answer. Obviously the emissions are a cause of it. And its compounded by the fact that the population continues to grow, so there are more cars. And more planes. More tractors, etc.

But there are other industries besides oil thats causing it. The logging industry being a huge one. Deforestation is two fold. You get rid of trees that filter the air. Burning the trees releases the crap they filtered back into the air.

There are pther natural causes that are adding to it. Watched a documentary about the drought on the west coast. Theres a certain neetle that feeds on trees. They basically run rampant during the summer, lay eggs, and die when the winter comes. Because of the drought, less snow and warmer weather, the bugs are able to have two egg laying cycles and feed on the trees longer. Its causing havoc.

So the problem is that its being caused by several sources. Industry, personal vehicles, natural events, etc.

Anyone (local, so cal) feel like summer starts later these days (july vs june) and runs a lot later than it used to? October is still summer weather, at least the last 5+ years or so.