• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Climate Change

Climate Change  

24 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No

It's stupid how this became a political issue. Our conservatives are the worst in regards to this. Republicans are paid off by oil companies to tell their base that we can't make a termination and their voters are naive enough to go along with it because it's their guys saying it. Cons around the world for the most part accept the science.

Al Gore predicted that the ice caps would be gone by 2013. Last I checked he's not a conservative.

Greenpeace presented evidence of the energy industry funding climate change denial in their 'Exxon Secrets' project.[29][30] An analysis conducted by The Carbon Brief in 2011 found that 9 out of 10 of the most prolific authors who cast doubt on climate change or speak against it had ties to ExxonMobil.

Greenpeace have said that Koch industries invested more than US$50 million in the past 50 years on spreading doubts about climate change.[31][32][33] ExxonMobil announced in 2008 that it would cut its funding to many of the groups that "divert attention" from the need to find new sources of clean energy, although in 2008 still funded over "two dozen other organisations who question the science of global warming or attack policies to solve the crisis."[34] A survey carried out by the UK Royal Society found that in 2005 ExxonMobil distributed US$2.9 million to 39 groups that "misrepresented the science of climate change by outright denial of the evidence".[34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_conspiracy_theory

That the ice caps would be gone in 2013 is a good start. Is climate change real? Yes but I'm not sure how much of it is caused by us. Should we do things differently? Yes and we are. As technology improves so will our polluting ways. Hell, I've finally switched out all my lights in my house to LED. Although I have my doubts about a bulb lasting 20 years.

Al Gore predicted that the ice caps would be gone by 2013. Last I checked he's not a conservative.

There wasn't scientific consensus on that prediction. And of course not every scientific prediction hits the mark. As you know, that isn't evidence against it. People still think that because we have cold winters that climate change is a hoax.

That the ice caps would be gone in 2013 is a good start. Is climate change real? Yes but I'm not sure how much of it is caused by us. Should we do things differently? Yes and we are. As technology improves so will our polluting ways. Hell, I've finally switched out all my lights in my house to LED. Although I have my doubts about a bulb lasting 20 years.

So because 2013 isn't the exact year, proves climate change isn't a problem that needs to be addressed?

Climate change has been presented by almost every climate scientist as being caused by humans. Try finding climate scientists who disagree. 

I hate LED bulbs. Both at home and in public. The change to do things differently on a large scale is being fought vigorously by special interests who are hurt by proposed changes.

This has become a political issues and along with it comes a lot of BS from both sides trying to persuade people.

There is BS on both sides but one side has no facts or truth behind them. That side is led by Cons, Exxon, etc.

As technology improves and develops people will gravitate towards that. Just look at your smartphone and think what you would have needed to accomplish everything it does 20 years ago. It's much more efficient. 15 years ago hybrid vehicles were ugly pieces of crap. There are many out there now because the tech got better and people don't like buying gas very much either. There should be some regulations but over regulating isn't the right way to accomplish it.

no

The El Nino predictions were a fail.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/global-sugar-shortage-bigger-el-nino-drought-a6950006.html

The global sugar shortage expected to hit in 2016 will be even more severe than expected because of droughts caused by El Nino.

Jay's looking out the window climate analysis appears to be a fail

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/global-sugar-shortage-bigger-el-nino-drought-a6950006.html

The global sugar shortage expected to hit in 2016 will be even more severe than expected because of droughts caused by El Nino.

Jay's looking out the window climate analysis appears to be a fail

Drug companies that make diabetes medication are going to like that

As technology improves and develops people will gravitate towards that. Just look at your smartphone and think what you would have needed to accomplish everything it does 20 years ago. It's much more efficient. 15 years ago hybrid vehicles were ugly pieces of crap. There are many out there now because the tech got better and people don't like buying gas very much either. There should be some regulations but over regulating isn't the right way to accomplish it.

I agree with the gist of your point. No one wants to devastate the economy but doing nothing isn't the answer either. I'm all for a practical transition.