• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's holding back Gary Johnson (besides his pussy video)?

There will even be a debate of Libertarian presidential candidates on TV this year, moderated by John Stossel, filmed on March 29 and aired April 1 on Fox Business Network.

The party's executive director, Wes Benedict, told supporters earlier this month that they're suing the Commission on Presidential Debates for equal access, but are excited about the Fox Business opportunity because "such a lawsuit takes time."

https://pjmedia.com/election/2016/03/16/gary-johnson-think-hes-natural-fit-for-third-party-seekers/

Its not only the smaller parties that don't get the debate stage, its also candidates within the big two - like Lawrence Lessig, for instance. The bottom line is always $$$, and of course for a campaign to get $$$ they need people to know who they are, which requires them to get to the big stage.

We've just gone through a cycle where not only did one of the candidates discuss the size of his dick...but had 20 some odd clowns climbing out of the car....a prime example of how easy it is to turn the debates in to a circus.

I would agree that the process should be more open, the 15% threshold, at least initially, is probably a bit high. But the idea that any party should be on the stage, regardless of support, is wrong. There should be a base level of support...maybe it's 10%, or even 5% for the first debate. The point being, at some point these groups need to show they are viable, raise money, build support at the grass roots level, etc.

Lessig wasn't on the debate stage, because he had no support...it wasn't the Democratic's party responsibility to give him a free platform just because. At that point why not Bob the Bugkiller, or the 5 other random no names who will show up on my Democratic ballot in the June primary.

We've just gone through a cycle where not only did one of the candidates discuss the size of his dick...but had 20 some odd clowns climbing out of the car....a prime example of how easy it is to turn the debates in to a circus.

I would agree that the process should be more open, the 15% threshold, at least initially, is probably a bit high. But the idea that any party should be on the stage, regardless of support, is wrong. There should be a base level of support...maybe it's 10%, or even 5% for the first debate. The point being, at some point these groups need to show they are viable, raise money, build support at the grass roots level, etc.

Lessig wasn't on the debate stage, because he had no support...it wasn't the Democratic's party responsibility to give him a free platform just because. At that point why not Bob the Bugkiller, or the 5 other random no names who will show up on my Democratic ballot in the June primary.

I think picking the four or five parties with the most members would be fair.  That isn't too much of a circus and at least it gets some other perspectives out there.

5 might be pushing it...but I would see having a few additional candidates as being viable...at least for the first general election debate. Maybe you raise the bar after the first debate to percentage of support in national polls.

I am talking about 4 or 5 altogether.  Reps, Dems and 2 or 3 others.  At least that is something better than what we have now.

They're trying to keep out the next Perot.

Remember when he bought prime time TV

larry king had him on at least once a week with all of those little charts. it was outstanding.

"larry, can i talk?" in that rich, squeaky, texas drawl.

Holy shit, I skipping around some and paying at 2x speed. This video is ****ing amazing. Perot is nailing everything. I'd vote for him this year and I don't even know where he stands socially.

perot's economic infomercials may have been cool, but cmon...once bill clinton got out his sax it was over.

And bush didnt have commercials or a cool instrument. No chance.

There's a huge gap between Lessig and Bob the Bugkiller - no need to go to extremes to invalidate Lessig.

Yes, there should be a threshold but I'd like to see the very early stages being far more wide open. People aren't going to vote for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein until they know that they exist. My guess is that a lot of Americans don't even know there are political parties beyond Reps and Dems.