• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adam LaRoche walks away from 13 million dollars

Chuck

This is a pretty stupid thing to retire over.  If he wants to spend time with his kid, why not just bring him on the road, not bring him to batting practice and meet up with his son after the game.  The plan was to take his kid with him everywhere he goes but thats still very easy to do when youre making 13 million dollars.  The clubhouse is not a place to babysit your kids, and the fact the White Sox players are protesting it is flat out hilarious because of how stupid that is.  Is there a team in baseball that will allow you to bring your kids with you EVERY day including all practices, games, and BP sessions?  This is honestly one of the stupidest reasons to retire.  If he doesnt have the passion to play baseball anymore thats one thing but just because you cant bring your kid to the ballpark every single day doesnt mean you cant spend time with him.  

Apparently LaRoche brings his kid in the clubhouse and around the team EVERY SINGLE DAY. White Sox simply requested that he tone it down a bit and honestly it's a reasonable request IMO. I can't imagine a co worker bringing their child to work every day....would drive me crazy.

Agreed. The clubhouse is a sanctuary for the team and never having the place to themselves is not in the team's best interest.

MLBPA considering a grievance.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=28688

"In the LaRoche situation, it would only be considered a clear and unmistakable waiver if MLB and the MLBPA discussed the issue at the bargaining table and the Union yielded, so that there was no provision on the subject of family access to the clubhouse in the CBA.

Even if the zipper clause were intended to wipe the slate clean and eliminate past practices from the prior contract, it would not have served to eliminate the future re-creation of the same past practice under the new contract once all of the prongs were met to establish the past practice again.

Without knowing the bargaining history of the parties on this subject, it’s impossible to know whether this topic was fully discussed and explored and the Union consciously yielded its rights. My suspicion is that it did not."

and yet all of the players are behind Laroche

I don't know if that's actually the case...I get the impression from some of the things I've read that while all the players seem to be behind Laroche...some of them might have been complaining to Williams behind the scenes and rather than throw them under the bus Williams is taking all the heat.

I've seen a few articles suggesting that might be the case, here is one

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/03/17/the-white-sox-considered-boycotting-yesterdays-game-over-the-adam-laroche-situation/