• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Interest in self-induced abortion on rise

"In 2015, in the United States, there were about 119,000 searches for the exact phrase “how to have a miscarriage.” There were also searches for other variants — “how to self-abort” — and for particular methods. Over all, there were more than 700,000 Google searches looking into self-induced abortions in 2015."

"There were tens of thousands of searches looking into abortion by herbs like parsley or by vitamin C. There were some 4,000 searches looking for directions on coat hanger abortions, including about 1,300 for the exact phrase “how to do a coat hanger abortion.” There were also a few hundred looking into abortion through bleaching one’s uterus and punching one’s stomach."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/06/opinion/sunday/the-return-of-the-diy-abortion.html?smid=fb-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Places like planned parenthood offer free condoms and cheap birth control pills.  The problem is these places are getting shut down.

have all the drug stores started closing, also?

unwanted pregnancy is reasonably easy to avoid.

But yeah, let's shut down the place that gives birth control to poor people to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Nah, what the hell am I thinking. It's a much better plan to tell them not to **** or to point out the availability of condoms at drug stores. That'll work.

You could have a Planned Parenthood on every corner (think Starbucks) and still wouldn't make a difference. You can't fix stupid.

So I guess that's why in places where they shut down PP locations you see a notable increase in unwanted/unplanned pregnancies. Because it doesn't make a difference.

You're right, you can't fix stupid. You also can't fix wilful ignorance.

The point of this thread is people are "googling" how to self-abort. If they were to "google" how to prevent pregnancy we would all be better off.

We would also be better off if instead of ****ing poor people googled "how to catch unicorns" and went off on magical quests.

Meanwhile in reality, unicorns don't exist but having sex is free and feels good.

So Glen what is your solution?

Strad, what is yours?

More free birth control. More Planned Parenthood locations. They work. Quit shutting them down.

Yes, this. I would add: better education, condoms more freely available, in high schools. And, for the love of Jesus, no more "abstinence only" BS -- it doesn't work.

But yeah, let's shut down the place that gives birth control to poor people to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Nah, what the hell am I thinking. It's a much better plan to tell them not to **** or to point out the availability of condoms at drug stores. That'll work.

I'm not advocating closing PP. I'm pointing out that that's not the only place to get condoms.

Btw, I don't like it when you yell at me. I'm all about peace, brother.