• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Politics or Racism?

You can't deny that the vitrial aimed at this president is significantly greater than in the past. This idea that Obama is unamerican, unpatriotic, etc. Personally, I think it's more politics than race, but that doesn't mean I don't think race has contributed some to it. When you have a white southern congressman shouting "you lie" at a black president in the state of the union...hard not to get that impression. Think back to the 2012 Republican convention where an old white man was yelling at an empty chair...fantasizing that he was verbally beating down the president...and the gathered crowd ate it up. Those are harsh visuals.

But I think it has more to do with there is no longer a conservative movement. The Republican party and conservative movement has morphed in to the Anti-Democrat/Liberal party. There are no real ideas being submitted anymore, it really has become whatever Obama or the Democrats want, we hate. When Clinton was in office, there was the same line being pushed...he was unpresidential, there was a scandal behind every door. Hell, they made the decision to impeach Clinton because they had the numbers and then waited for an excuse.

Bob Barr wrote a book that argued for the impeachment of President Bill Clinton before anyone ever had heard of Monica Lewinsky. In fact, in 1994, when Newt Gingrich led the Republicans to their first majority in the House of Representatives since 1946, it became an article of faith among the Republican leaders in the House that they would impeach Clinton over something—over Whitewater, or Travelgate, or Filegate, or the Rose Law Firm Billing records—simply because they had the votes to do it.

(http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a42523/why-is-trump-successful/)

There are no longer policy agreements...but rather the idea that the other side is illegitimate. Anything they do you don't like is unconstitutional. That your opponents hate America, and the American way of life. And seriously, don't give them this Both Sides Do it Crap...because yes, you can find examples of people on the left doing the same thing...but for the most part those people aren't candidates for president...elected to congress...in positions of power.

You can't deny that the vitrial aimed at this president is significantly greater than in the past. This idea that Obama is unamerican, unpatriotic, etc. Personally, I think it's more politics than race, but that doesn't mean I don't think race has contributed some to it. When you have a white southern congressman shouting "you lie" at a black president in the state of the union...hard not to get that impression. Think back to the 2012 Republican convention where an old white man was yelling at an empty chair...fantasizing that he was verbally beating down the president...and the gathered crowd ate it up. Those are harsh visuals.

But I think it has more to do with there is no longer a conservative movement. The Republican party and conservative movement has morphed in to the Anti-Democrat/Liberal party. There are no real ideas being submitted anymore, it really has become whatever Obama or the Democrats want, we hate. When Clinton was in office, there was the same line being pushed...he was unpresidential, there was a scandal behind every door. Hell, they made the decision to impeach Clinton because they had the numbers and then waited for an excuse.

Bob Barr wrote a book that argued for the impeachment of President Bill Clinton before anyone ever had heard of Monica Lewinsky. In fact, in 1994, when Newt Gingrich led the Republicans to their first majority in the House of Representatives since 1946, it became an article of faith among the Republican leaders in the House that they would impeach Clinton over something—over Whitewater, or Travelgate, or Filegate, or the Rose Law Firm Billing records—simply because they had the votes to do it.

(http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a42523/why-is-trump-successful/)

There are no longer policy agreements...but rather the idea that the other side is illegitimate. Anything they do you don't like is unconstitutional. That your opponents hate America, and the American way of life. And seriously, don't give them this Both Sides Do it Crap...because yes, you can find examples of people on the left doing the same thing...but for the most part those people aren't candidates for president...elected to congress...in positions of power.

That is a pretty fair assessment. 

That's how the Dems make their living, trying to convince people that everyone else is a racist.

They're really good at it.

You take that race card away from them and they would have nothing.

Bill Clinton -"We only have one remaining bigotry. We don't want to be around anybody who disagrees with us.* And if you look, actually residential patterns in America are changing. I mean, not just by congressional districts. I mean fixed-line borders, like counties, the internal, social and political complexion of them are changing, and we also are siloing our information sources."

But it really is on both sides. I mean the right's response to Obama is easy to point out but we'd be so better off if that was the only example. Safe zones in universities which are by definition a population of people who are openly acknowledging their inability to hear opinions that differ than their own. Every political issue seems to be racing towards its own perverse form of ideological purity. Women being called out because their feminism doesn't align with another person's interpretation.  The tea party well...yeah. The "tumblr" culture that tries to constrain liberalism into a black and white universe more befitting the Salem witch trials.  We live in a world that is indeed changing. Instead of differing groups, whites vs blacks or left vs right, we live in a world where everyone is becoming their own island of opinion and revels in their new found isolation.

No, I don't think this is just about politics or disagreement, but that there is definitely racism involved with the degree to which Congress has opposed Obama.

Here's a question: If Obama was white, do you think he would have faced the same degree of opposition from Congress?

I personally don't think so.

No, I don't think this is just about politics or disagreement, but that there is definitely racism involved with the degree to which Congress has opposed Obama.

Here's a question: If Obama was white, do you think he would have faced the same degree of opposition from Congress?

I personally don't think so.

That's easy. Of course it would be the same level of opposition.because they would have opposed any Democrat as much as they could. His skin color made it EASIER to do that but it was inevitable regardless.

That's easy. Of course it would be the same level of opposition.because they would have opposed any Democrat as much as they could. His skin color made it EASIER to do that but it was inevitable regardless.

That is racism, you realize? But yeah, I disagree. I think there is deep-rooted racism involved and it was causative in the unparalleled opposition he received. He really is rather moderate.

That is racism, you realize? But yeah, I disagree. I think there is deep-rooted racism involved and it was causative in the unparalleled opposition he received. He really is rather moderate.

Take two people applying for a loan for a house. Both unemployed and equally high in existing debt. One white. One black. I'd bet the black applicant gets rejected even faster than the white guy. Likely racist but hard to prove since both would be rejected in this scenario. That's how I view the relationship between the Republicans and Obama. Does racism exist in this relationship? Of course.  But in the era of Tea Party values and "moderate" Republicans being called out as RINOs, how do we have a baseline for what to expect. The belligerent behavior by the right makes it nigh impossible.

I actually think Obama is the racist one. Look no further than how he plays sides on the issue of so called police violence. In Obama's mind, the white cops are racists who brutalize the black community.

He plays the same game with class warfare which, by nature, involves pitting blacks and Latinos against whites. He isn't alone in this regard - most politicians on the left do the same thing.

Nobody can deny that Obama is a race-baiter. Race relations have totally soured under Obama. Does he not deserve blame? No real conversation about race can be had without an assessment of everyone's own prejudices, including Obama's.

It is too easy to blame this on racism. It gives everyone an easy out for the fact that this nation has become so divided. Instead of facing the fact that we denounce those who disagree with us, belittle them, see them as less than us because of what they think we just blame racism instead. Thomas is right, there is an inherent part in all of us that makes us the most comfortable around those who are like us. However its too easy an out to make that the base of our issues.

This one's easy. I prefer racism to politics.

and you didnt dissapoint

Im sure theres definitely some racism going on. It exists throughout our, or any other society. But i agree with the above saying its more about the republicans, with the associated acts that lunp in with them, hate the dems and will constantly oppose them however they can. The dems did the same to bush. Yes, bush was an idiot, but the point being, both sides are "anti the other" these days more than on the same side with different ideas.

Its one of the reasons trump has made it this far...borh parties have burned everyone out

Then they'll look even stupider since half her platform will come righ out of their agenda.

probably so, but they won't want her to get any credit for anything. it'll be like how boehner and the repubs tried to block obamas every move in the house, only i think there'll be more vitriol directed at hilary.