• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols targeting opening day

bloodbrother

Cb64i99UkAA1UAY.jpg

Jeff Fletcher ‏@JeffFletcherOCR

Angels Albert Pujols said his goal is to be ready for opening day. Not sure about 1B. Seems more open to DHing now.

"I would love to play 1B, but I can't be selfish." -Pujols.

Pujols said he didn't have surgery immediately after season bc wanted to try to rest a few weeks and see if that worked. It didn't.

Oh, and Pujols is selling his house to buy another one in OC. Nothing to see here.

He also admits that the team doesn't look good

Pujols "If we can stay healthy, we have the ballclub that can compete w/ anybody. The paper doesnt look too good, but you can't go by that."

Here's the AP article...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/angels-pujols-eyes-opening-day-more-open-dh-175625115--mlb.html

Usual Albert preseason optimism highlighted by this gem from Scioscia...

''Was it bad luck? I think it was,'' Scioscia said. ''I never saw a guy hit the ball so hard. Was it (defensive) shifting?''