• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Three-way Trade?

John Smith

1. If healthy, Saunders (career .230/.301/.381, 51 HR, 185 RBI in 562 MLB games) would appear to be upgrade over Daniel Nava in LF platoon.

1 retweet2 likes

Retweet

More

OF Michael Saunders, potential #Angels trade target, had major knee surgery last Feb and played only 9 game for #BlueJays last season.

10 retweets10 likes

Retweet

More

I literally laughed out loud when I found out the Angels would be providing the prospects in this proposed deal that would land them one year of Michael Saunders.  

1 year of Michael Saunders....I guess I'd be willing to give up Bo Way, or Jared Foster.  Maybe Zach Houchins or Michael Hermosillo.  It isn't that I'm valuing these guys that highly as much as I just don't think Saunders is that great of a ball player. 

He's big and impressive looking, but he owns a carer OBP of .301, which would make Mark Trumbo blush. 

Fixed for accuracy

When Keith Law said this is the worst system he's ever seen, I didn't argue, because that assessment is still higher than what the folks here think of the farm.  

The consensus AW assessment of our current farm system is that it's so bad, people deserve to be jailed and shot for crimes against humanity.  And if we're talking about prospects of substance (meaning reali-live prospects with legitimate futures in MLB in some capacity), I think we're looking at 15 prospects of substance.  Now if you're saying substance means legit future MLB starters or elite relievers, I think that number drops to 9.  If substance means GOOD MLB starters, it drops to 5.  If substance means future all-stars, I think we're somewhere between zero and two.  

When Keith Law said this is the worst system he's ever seen, I didn't argue, because that assessment is still higher than what the folks here think of the farm.  

The consensus AW assessment of our current farm system is that it's so bad, people deserve to be jailed and shot for crimes against humanity.  And if we're talking about prospects of substance (meaning reali-live prospects with legitimate futures in MLB in some capacity), I think we're looking at 15 prospects of substance.  Now if you're saying substance means legit future MLB starters or elite relievers, I think that number drops to 9.  If substance means GOOD MLB starters, it drops to 5.  If substance means future all-stars, I think we're somewhere between zero and two.  

giphy.gif

Imagine actually believing this..