• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official WWE Thread

nando714

Forgot to bump this when I went to Staples Center for Smackdown/Mixed Match/205 Live on February 27.

Solid SD show highlighted by Styles/Cena in the main event, followed by Miz/Asuka beating Balor/Banks in the MM quarter-finals, and then two quarter-finals for the 205 Live cruiserweight tournament 

Back to present, Daniel Bryan gets cleared for in ring action again and then the storyline immediately goes to KO/Zayn brutalizing him after he fired them, just like they brutalized Shane-O.   This has KO/Zayn vs Bryan/Shane-O at WM 34 written all over it.

Also, Big Cass was cleared for in ring action as well.   How about Strowman/Cass vs the Bar for the titles at WM 34?

I couldn't sleep the other night so somehow in the twists of the internet started reading about WWF's "brawl for it all" where they had them actually fight/box.

What a terrible idea. So many injuries from it. The crowd hated it. 

But man the wrestlemania event where the winner dude had to face that Butterbean boxer, eesh.

What a knockout.

21 hours ago, mrwicked said:

But man the wrestlemania event where the winner dude had to face that Butterbean boxer, eesh.

That was allegedly punishment for Bart Gunn beating who they wanted to win, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I watched the main event, first match I’ve seen in years. Is that the best they could come up with?

No.

that shouldn’t have been the last match.

i enjoyed the triple threat IC match, Styles and Nakamura, heck even the Rousey match was better 

Did anyone else think the RAW brand tag titles match was lame?    Poor 10 year-old was totally nervous even being by the ring.   More Michael P.urely S.hit Hayes story writing?

Does that mean Braun not holding the belts for long?

IC match was good.    Rousey match was good.   

Styles/Nakamura was good, but whyyyy turn Nakamura heel with his popularity?????    Rumors abound that Vince McMahon wanted to stick it to NJPW for having their shows in the U.S., and turning Nakamura heel was just that.  

Shane/DB vs KO/Zayn was good.   Next stop for KO/Zayn....RAW

And why stop Asuka's winning streak?    Unless they are setting her up to move to SD and win it then?   Or create a Jax/Asuka RAW storyline, which is weird since Jax was turned face.

How will Bray Wyatt fare as a face (first time in NXT/WWE career) alongside Matt Hardy?

Figured that Taker would win a short match vs Cena.    Taker probably can't go for more than 5 min.

What do they see in Mahal??????   Other than the probable roids fueled body building, I guess they see the fans' intense dislike for him as aiding him?

Reigns/Lesnar was not bad, but the fans clearly are over both of them.   I thought Lesnar was leaving to go back to MMA?   Unless losing the title tonight on RAW?   Vince McMahon is determined to shove Reigns as a face down the fans throats.   He's a great heel waiting to happen.

These shows are getting toooooo long!!!!!!  

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Styles/Nakamura was good, but whyyyy turn Nakamura heel with his popularity?????   

Think of the best match-ups for Nakamura
AJ Styles: Face
Daniel Bryan: Face

Plus he wasn't getting over with the casuals. Yeah the hardcore audience loves him because of his previous work. But a heel Nakamura who dishes out strong style ass kickings while not giving a Fs about his opponents? Sign me up!

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And why stop Asuka's winning streak?    Unless they are setting her up to move to SD and win it then?   Or create a Jax/Asuka RAW storyline, which is weird since Jax was turned face.

These winning streaks quick turn into albatross for the character. The crowd gets it. She's a badass. Time to move on from it.

56 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What do they see in Mahal??????   Other than the probable roids fueled body building, I guess they see the fans' intense dislike for him as aiding him?

Dude undeniably has a good look. Is a heat magnet. Can't carry a match but can have a good match with a talented opponent without himself having to be carried. Deserves a new push after the utter crap storywise they gave him during his title run. Seems like a good dude IRL. Why not try to capitalize with a reasonable push? Yes Rusev is more deserving but it isn't Jinder's fault the E isn't pushing Rusev. Especially since today is Rusev Day!

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Think of the best match-ups for Nakamura
AJ Styles: Face
Daniel Bryan: Face

Plus he wasn't getting over with the casuals. Yeah the hardcore audience loves him because of his previous work. But a heel Nakamura who dishes out strong style ass kickings while not giving a Fs about his opponents? Sign me up!

These winning streaks quick turn into albatross for the character. The crowd gets it. She's a badass. Time to move on from it.

Dude undeniably has a good look. Is a heat magnet. Can't carry a match but can have a good match with a talented opponent without himself having to be carried. Deserves a new push after the utter crap storywise they gave him during his title run. Seems like a good dude IRL. Why not try to capitalize with a reasonable push? Yes Rusev is more deserving but it isn't Jinder's fault the E isn't pushing Rusev. Especially since today is Rusev Day!

The Nakamura comment does make some sense.   Outside of Ziggler, there really aren't many heels on SD with true in ring skills, now that two of them (KO and Zayn) are heading to RAW. 

I guess I get the Asuka thing, in that unless she moves to SD, it's challenging to have a RAW women's wrestler win the SD women's title.

Rusev is the one that should be pushed even more, now that he is getting over with the fans with Rusev Day.

Agreed that the Mahal title holding storyline was a joke.   The Singhs should not be getting involved in EVERY match, that gets old real fast and takes away from Mahal IMHO.  
Even the Brain, Jimmy Hart, Mr. Fuji, etc. didn't physically get involved in every single match.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on the just concluded Superstar Shakeup?   Lots of big names switching brands

KO/Zayn, Corbin, Ziggler, Roode, Mahal, Gable, Natalya, Breezango, and Riott Squad move to RAW.  Also, AOP, Drew McIntyre, No Way Jose, and Ember Moon called up to RAW from NXT.

Miz, Asuka, Jeff Hardy, Cass, the Bar, Gallows/Anderson, and Absolution move to SD.    Also, Almas, as part of a faction longtime TNA guy Eric Young, and the lovely Aussie Iconic Duo of Peyton Royce and Billie Kay called up to SD from NXT.  Congrats to Paige on being named new SD GM, and Peyton Royce is the new Layla (Whoa!). 

Sad news to report:  Bruno Sammartino passed away at age 82.    Never saw him wrestle on tv in his prime, but remember he and Vince McMahon hosting Championship Wrestling and later renamed Superstars of Wrestling in the mid 1980s.   Bruno and Larry Zybysko had a great storyline in the early 1980s, that also made Zybysko a big name in wrestling.   R.I.P. Bruno. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, Angel Oracle said:

GRR PPV is still going on, main event 50 man RR match has nearly seen all 50 guys enter the ring by now, almost 5 hours after show began.

I skipped it. I heard it was awful. As was backlash

im fired up for MITB though 

The Reigns/Lesnar GRR match had a stupid ending.    

WTF is Vince thinking with this constant Nakamura low blowing Styles?   Is that his revenge on NJPW for having shows in America?   To turn a beloved face who was an NJPW legend like Nakamura heel, and make him a low blowing heel on top of it???? 

• 5 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Finally, MITB this Sunday!

Guesses?

Brawn on the men's side, Charlotte on the women's side

It's the trendy pick but Miz seems like the obvious choice. It's hard for a face to get any benefit from having the briefcase. And Braun doesn't need it to get a title shot whenever he feels like it nor does he need to take a shortcut to win it. Women's side is more wide open. Maybe Natalie so she can feud with Rhonda. 

Did you see NJPW dominion?

26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's the trendy pick but Miz seems like the obvious choice. It's hard for a face to get any benefit from having the briefcase. And Braun doesn't need it to get a title shot whenever he feels like it nor does he need to take a shortcut to win it. Women's side is more wide open. Maybe Natalie so she can feud with Rhonda. 

Did you see NJPW dominion?

Didn't see it, how was it?

Monster In The Bank!!!!!   Finally, Lesnar will lose the title?

Are we now FINALLY DONE with AJ vs. Shinsuke?    Wished they had Shinsuke winning the title.   Seems a waste to do such a long storyline, and NOT give him the title.

Thoughts on the Iguana returning, and helping Carmella beat Asuka?

Alexa vs. Ronda for the title at Summerslam?