• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP David Bowie

Did you know he wrote that about Angela Bowie? Golden Years and, I believe, The Prettiest Star as well.

yeah, i knew that, but wasn't sure about Golden Years. The Prettiest Star definitely was. I believe he wrote that song 4 or 5 years before it was released on Aladdin Sane in '73

David Bowie bonds were a 'revolutionary' business move, and here's how they panned out

Back in 1997, David Bowie wanted some cash. So he parlayed his hit albums into a new spin on securities, offering what became known as Bowie bonds. The rock legend raised $55 million from the bonds, which were backed by his record label. The bonds secured Bowie's future royalty streams from the...

LA Times article

So, believe it or not, despite thinking of myself as a bit of an audiophile, I had only owned Changesbowie. In the last few days, I have purchased Ziggy Stardust, Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs, Scary Monsters, and Blackstar.

I feel like I've missed out on some really good deeper tracks.

So, believe it or not, despite thinking of myself as a bit of an audiophile, I had only owned Changesbowie. In the last few days, I have purchased Ziggy Stardust, Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs, Scary Monsters, and Blackstar.

I feel like I've missed out on some really good deeper tracks.

You should check out Low too. It's my favorite album by him. The song Sound and Vision is still my favorite by him.

You should check out Low too. It's my favorite album by him. The song Sound and Vision is still my favorite by him.

For sure. 

Low was the first thing of his I ever heard, and then I ended up loving pretty much everything else by him as well. 

Also, some of his most brilliant work was in collaboration with Eno and Glass. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_SxYgtUVu4

Here is a cool dissection of Ziggy Stardust by Christian Hand on the Sound:

http://thesoundla.com/2016/01/mitm-clips-dissecting-david-bowies-ziggy-stardust/

That was great. I loved hearing the Bowie/Ronson guitar playing together without anything else. It would be awesome to here a dissection of Life on Mars. Edited by Lawrence

• 8 years later...