• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT, OCR: Pic N Save Arte Speaks from his Boat

ABC

I'm guessing enough casual fans still go to the stadium to take selfies and play on their phones that Arte's bottom line will be just fine.  I'm also guessing most of the people on here who are pissed off that the Angels may not bring in Clyde McBigbat via FA will still tune in and/or attend enough games to help Arte's bottom line.     

I can understand to some extent if these guys are asking for the moon. That said Arte claimed to have not even offered Jason Heyward a contract. The deal he ultimately signed for with the Cubs is not a bad deal at all. Arte complains about 7 year deals, yet Heyward will likely opt out of his deal after just 3 seasons... 3 seasons in which he will make the same money as Albert Pujols while being easily twice the player.

I'm guessing enough casual fans still go to the stadium to take selfies and play on their phones that Arte's bottom line will be just fine.  I'm also guessing most of the people on here who are pissed off that the Angels may not bring in Clyde McBigbat via FA will still tune in and/or attend enough games to help Arte's bottom line.     

aka Big Dick Baseball

Hopefully the casual fans make their voices heard and don't show up to game next year.

Hurt this dbag where it really matters

More and more I think Moreno is sitting on his hands until after the CBA gets redone and he has an idea of what the future holds.   There are people in MLB talking about the possibility the tax cap might get LOWER instead of higher...  I can't imagine how they can expect to pawn that off as being in the best interest of the game given the current state of MLB revenue, but then Ive read Lords of the Realm and am aware of the sort of douchbaggery MLB owners are capable of.

Edited by Inside Pitch

More and more I think Moreno is sitting on his hands until after the CBA gets redone and he has an idea of what the future holds.   There are people in MLB talking about the possibility the tax cap might get LOWER instead of higher...  I can't imagine how they can expect to pawn that off as being in the best interest of the game given the current state of MLB revenue, but then Ive read Lords of the Realm and am aware of the sort of douchbaggery MLB owners are capable of.

There are some circumstances where this could happen. One includes a long player strike. 

I can understand to some extent if these guys are asking for the moon. That said Arte claimed to have not even offered Jason Heyward a contract. The deal he ultimately signed for with the Cubs is not a bad deal at all. Arte complains about 7 year deals, yet Heyward will likely opt out of his deal after just 3 seasons... 3 seasons in which he will make the same money as Albert Pujols while being easily twice the player.

Twice the player ... ROTFLMAO!

Good one

I'm genuinely confused on the 7 year thing. No way upton, cespedes, and Gordon expect 7 years.

According to the MLB channel that is indeed what they are asking for.  The discussion last night was that they didn't think they could get that length of contract, but maybe some team will crack and overpay if they are desperate enough.

Put in that context, why are we surprised that Arte had the reaction he surfaced on Wednesday evening.  I think if these three players continue to hold that position, teams will start signing the next tier including Para, Span, Fowler, etc..

I still think it's a good bet, if we can clear a little more salary, that we could sign a next tier outfielder regardless of whether we are a little over the luxury limit.  I could see Arte being persuaded if the contract length was short enough, and say perhaps $12M/year or under.  Don't ask me what we would do with Gentry, Nava, Cunningham, etc..  I think we could dump Gentry and not pay him if he doesn't make the roster.  I think it is also a good bet that we are going to lose a starting pitcher in a trade before Spring Training.

Edited by tomsred