• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels out on big LF FA

The incompetence of the management of this team is staggering. I've said all along I'm fine with a Span type but even that seems like it will be too much. Nothing we have done this offseason makes any sense. We haven't plugged our holes and gave up any remaining young talent we have to move sidewards rather than forward. It's depressing at this point.

Self ban, self ban, somebody self ban!!!

Ok so on a serious note, maybe Nava, Choi and Gentry are likely going to be better than anything we had in LF last year.  Plus Cron, Trout, and Calhoun all have a solid shot at improving.  Plus you never know, Kubitza might force his way into the equation. 

The rotation is going to be better, I think you can count on that.  Richards will be better, we get a full year of Heaney, Skaggs and CJ are back.  We have enough depth that Weav will be on an extremely short leash. 

The defense will get better.  Simmons is amazing, and Escobar will prove to be quite good at 2B or 3B.  Soto is better than Iannetta. 

The only place we really got worse was the bullpen. 

All in all, I think we're looking at an 83-85 win team.  Not bad, we'll even have about 50-60 million of cap space for next year's free agent class. So we'll be able to make a run at the best of the best for 2017.  We're talking Trumbo, Coghlan, Bourjos....and more!!

Self ban, self ban, somebody self ban!!!

Ok so on a serious note, maybe Nava, Choi and Gentry are likely going to be better than anything we had in LF last year.  Plus Cron, Trout, and Calhoun all have a solid shot at improving.  Plus you never know, Kubitza might force his way into the equation. 

The rotation is going to be better, I think you can count on that.  Richards will be better, we get a full year of Heaney, Skaggs and CJ are back.  We have enough depth that Weav will be on an extremely short leash. 

The defense will get better.  Simmons is amazing, and Escobar will prove to be quite good at 2B or 3B.  Soto is better than Iannetta. 

The only place we really got worse was the bullpen. 

All in all, I think we're looking at an 83-85 win team.  Not bad, we'll even have about 50-60 million of cap space for next year's free agent class. So we'll be able to make a run at the best of the best for 2017.  We're talking Trumbo, Coghlan, Bourjos....and more!!

How do you figure that LF platoon will be better.  It's like we re-signed Joyce. 

BTW, if someone is looking for some spin, I would like to point this out:

Why would Arte come out and say this right now?  Why not just let everything play out and tell the fans that they tried, but it just didn't work out?  

My guess is that the asking prices are insane and that if it comes back to an appropriate level (for baseball anyway) that we could get back in.  

His phrasing was very particular - "Right now, if I had to make a decision, we'd probably be out".    Meaning he doesn't want to pay the current asking price.  

I wonder if they have done the math on who is still in the mix for these guys and realize that there aren't a lot of teams in the mix so one of these guys is going to drop through the cracks.  

whatever.....I gave it a shot. 

BTW, if someone is looking for some spin, I would like to point this out:

Why would Arte come out and say this right now?  Why not just let everything play out and tell the fans that they tried, but it just didn't work out?  

My guess is that the asking prices are insane and that if it comes back to an appropriate level (for baseball anyway) that we could get back in.  

His phrasing was very particular - "Right now, if I had to make a decision, we'd probably be out".    Meaning he doesn't want to pay the current asking price.  

I wonder if they have done the math on who is still in the mix for these guys and realize that there aren't a lot of teams in the mix so one of these guys is going to drop through the cracks.  

whatever.....I gave it a shot. 

Bless your heart

This might be the worst organization in baseball tbh.

Mike Trout fell into their lap. The best player in ****ing baseball. 

They had all the resources in the world to build a competent roster around him, and completely shit the bed. 

Yes, they did have all the resources but Dipoto pissed them away by not blocking the Pujols and Hamilton deal. Now Eppler has to pull a rabbit out of his ass on what is less than an A's budget after all of the dead contracts are added up. 

Think about it, you all whine they waste money and draft picks and never used advanced metrics to build a team without hitting the salary cap like (insert team that sucked for 10 years reaping high draft picks_________) and now that they are actually using their heads you're all pissing and moaning because they are not flushing another $100, 120,150,180 million down the left field rabbit hole.

The Angels have not had a solid left fielder since Anderson left. That is over $220 million wasted on one position and now you want them to piss another $100 plus million away to solve and $10 million dollar problem. They just need less than a black hole in that role. Not a fading star like Gordon, a mixed bag in Upton or a possible bust in Cespedes. 

So if Moreno said enough of this foolishness, our analytic department gave me the real world and it's pretty ugly in terms of dollars for production out of free agency, then Yay, there is hope.

Of course tomorrow Moreno could wake up and say, **** it, I want Cespedes and we go right back to wasting money and resources on a player. But you guys will be happy until April.