• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels out on big LF FA

You guys aren't going anywhere and you know it. You'll be here for every game next season griping and grumbling about the team.

Arte will get his 3M plus thru the turnstiles and families will be rooting and enjoying the game. Will see the beach balls bouncing around, the wave, and those darn flickering lights. A lot of smiles all around in buttercup fashion.

I will be there with my family hope to see you there.

This ^^^^^^

Of course we'll still watch because we are fans of the team. Certain players on the team are fun to watch so they'll keep us tuned in. Nothing we can do about the fact that the team we root for has a crappy owner except ride it out and hope he sells to somebody else eventually or at the very least never meddle into personnel decisions ever again.

I know payroll is relevant to Arte, but frankly I don't give a shit.

I didn't ask him to make a series of horrible decisions to put us in this situation.

You want me to go to games? Spend my hard earned money on a luxury?

No problem Arte. Just win mother ****er.

You want to punish the fans for your poor decision making and make your problems our problems? fine. Right back at ya. You can suck down discounted beers while you look out over an empty stadium.

Very well said Doc. Exactly how I feel.

I guess they can still maybe sign Span to a 1yr deal. He's coming off an injury so maybe he's down for a cheap 1yr deal to prove he's healthy. He could help at the top of the lineup. Still think this bullpen is pretty thin and crappy and needs another addition to it. Sign Span and a reliever and perhaps they could threaten for a WC spot

I guess they can still maybe sign Span to a 1yr deal. He's coming off an injury so maybe he's down for a cheap 1yr deal to prove he's healthy. He could help at the top of the lineup. Still think this bullpen is pretty thin and crappy and needs another addition to it. Sign Span and a reliever and perhaps they could threaten for a WC spot

Still would probably put them over the tax. If they are only 4 million under like Arte says then they are pretty much done adding anything of significance.

if he goes over it for someone like Span then I don't even know what the hell.

The team is better. We were one game out last year with Freese and Gia out quite awhile. Santiago is legit even though everyone here hates the guy so Skaggs isn't a requirement. Our catchers are far far far better. Our 3rd base coach, who lost games last year himself, has been upgraded. Defense is better at SS. Cron got better as the season progressed and should continue to improve. Heaney should be good or great for an entire season. We have 75 shitty guys to play LF now when we could have one outstanding one to march us into the season and that is a huge disappointment. But we are slightly better..

I don't see how the team is better than last year's team.  They could be, I suppose... Richards, Skaggs become a legit 1-2...  another starter steps up, but they could also be a lot worse. 

Clearly going to be worse.  Richards Skaggs and Heaney could step up but Weaver and Wilson are likely to get worse. Pen looks to be worse than last year as I expect Street and Smith to be worse. Salas is legit the 7th inning guy which is horrifying.  And the offense will probably be worse unless you expect Pujols to hit 40 hrs again.  Even if it's the same it's a bad team. 

The team is better. We were one game out last year with Freese and Gia out quite awhile. Santiago is legit even though everyone here hates the guy so Skaggs isn't a requirement. Our catchers are far far far better. Our 3rd base coach, who lost games last year himself, has been upgraded. Defense is better at SS. Cron got better as the season progressed and should continue to improve. Heaney should be good or great for an entire season. We have 75 shitty guys to play LF now when we could have one outstanding one to march us into the season and that is a huge disappointment. But we are slightly better..

Injuries happen every year if it was Freese and Gia out last year it's two other starters this year.  Santiago is average. Great the first half horrible the second and he might not even be on the team or make the rotation.  Not a given that the Catchers are far better, Perez could easily regress and Soto is just another scrub added by Eppler. He is better than Iannetta but I'm better than Iannetta and I wasn't good enough to play Catcher in Little League.  Agreed Cron will be an upgrade at DH but for every young guy we have that we expect to improve we have an aging vet who you should expect to decline.  Bottom line is the talent on this roster last year should not have won as many games as it did, which is why Scioscia was in the hunt for Manager of the year somehow.  The talent on the roster this year is not clearly upgraded and I think most of us see what the Rangers and Astros are doing and don't expect much. 

And yet most of us will still buy tickets, concessions, and merchandise to put more money is that tight ass's wallet...

I don't necessarily agree. If the team isn't good, many of us will watch less and go to fewer games. Lower attendance should equate to lower team revenues. I think Arte is being short-sighted on this.