• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels-Nats discussing deal for Yunel Escobar.

Richard

The Nationals are also sending cash, believed to be between $1 million and $2 million, to the Angels.

here's a hint for people.

if the trade is "subject to the approval of the commissioner", then that means it's at least 1 million dollars cash being exchanged. if not, then it's less.

Edited by ukyah

And for the record, I LOVE this trade.  Well done Billy.  While I wish Cowart or Kubitza were playing 3B, it isn't unreasonable for them to have to play their way into the starting role rather than inherit it.  I think Escobar is a low-cost option to man 3B or even 2B for the next two years and all it cost was a young middle reliever with a great fastball and a little trouble with off-speed pitches. 

But we do still need a couple middle relievers, otherwise things can get pretty ugly if Smith/Street aren't perfect and none of Morin, Rasmus, Bedrosian or Salas can step up. 

wrong, we have a 2b and ss, no 1b or 3b, and even if we did have an "infield" as you put it, we have no bullpen.  talk about undervaluing the bullpen.

Thats weird, I thought Pujols was a 1B.  Escobar will fill in at 2B or 3B, either way its a huge upgrade, worst case scenario we are dealing with either Gia or Cowart next season, neither will cripple this team.  Escobar fills a need this team has had for a long time.  

Relievers can be acquired much easier than an infielder who gets on base.  You are overvaluing Gott to insane proportions. We just got an every day player to fill a position that is critical for this team.  If were in win now mode, this move needed to be made.  Were not going to get anyone good for free so please put down the pipe and stop with the fantasies.  

And for the record, I LOVE this trade. Well done Billy. While I wish Cowart or Kubitza were playing 3B, it isn't unreasonable for them to have to play their way into the starting role rather than inherit it. I think Escobar is a low-cost option to man 3B or even 2B for the next two years and all it cost was a young middle reliever with a great fastball and a little trouble with off-speed pitches.

But we do still need a couple middle relievers, otherwise things can get pretty ugly if Smith/Street aren't perfect and none of Morin, Rasmus, Bedrosian or Salas can step up.

You've been pimping Cowart/Kubitza so hard that you got everyone believing in them.

Well done!

I love how everyone thinks a 7th inning guy is worth more then a starting 2B. This was not a overpay, it was a fair deal.

I was about to say the same thing. I am concerned about our pen but let's be serious. This is an every day player with good onews base skills for a guy for Gott. A guy 12 months ago people doubted of he would be a major leaguer.

Freese is gone, IMO. Gio might be as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we roll with Escobar at 2b, Kubitza/Cowart at 3b and hit the FA market for LH and RP.[/quote

That wouldn't be a bad lineup. Bull pen needs help. We still have starters for trade bait. This is only good if we get Heyward or Upton. Maybe Cespedes but he is a bigger risk.

Didn't think it was possible but the Angels actually got older.

Yet another 30+yr old in the lineup.  Stats don't really look too much different than Gio.  2016 projections are similar.  So whats the big deal?

Gott, already with a 95+ heater (which you can't teach), is young enough to learn how to balance his heat with offspeed stuff.  If he does, Scioscia just gave away a potential closer for one of his favorite things, a vet.  Perhaps more pressure on an aging Street, who is starting to show some wear. 

Don't like it, especially if no further BP activity.

Didn't think it was possible but the Angels actually got older.

Yet another 30+yr old in the lineup.  Stats don't really look too much different than Gio.  2016 projections are similar.  So whats the big deal?

Gott, already with a 95+ heater (which you can't teach), is young enough to learn how to balance his heat with offspeed stuff.  If he does, Scioscia just gave away a potential closer for one of his favorite things, a vet.  Perhaps more pressure on an aging Street, who is starting to show some wear. 

Don't like it, especially if no further BP activity.

Last I checked, the general manager was a guy called "Eppler"