• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels-Nats discussing deal for Yunel Escobar.

Richard

http://bleacherreport.com/los-angeles-angels

#Angels have officially moved on from reuniting with David Freese at third base, as the team is set with Yunel Escobar.

Makes me wonder if the Angels are still trying to acquire a 2B. They were in on Walker, after all.

@JeffFletcherOCR 3m3 minutes ago

As expected, Yunel Escobar will be the Angels 3B, Billy Eppler said.

I'm sure this news won't stop the Escobar 2B posts.

If whoever our starting second baseman is tanks or gets injured then we might see a move then. Either way, I'd like to see Escobar play a bit of 2B in spring training so we have that as an option down the track.

• 2 weeks later...

If by some voodoo magic the halos go all in and sign a lfer, and freese is still around to sign a 1yr deal, I could see them bringing him back. Might as well at that point.

I also think the halos would consider a cowart kubitza giavotella platoon depending on what aptitude Escobar has at 2b.

Vs lhers Gia 2b and Escobar at 3b. Vs rhers cowart 3b and Escobar at 2b.

Or if Escobar ends up being quite good defensively at 2b, then you could give one of the young guys at 3b the position outright.

Personally, I think Pennington is gonna play a bigger role that we thought and get mixed in there a fair amount.

If by some voodoo magic the halos go all in and sign a lfer, and freese is still around to sign a 1yr deal, I could see them bringing him back. Might as well at that point.

I also think the halos would consider a cowart kubitza giavotella platoon depending on what aptitude Escobar has at 2b.

Vs lhers Gia 2b and Escobar at 3b. Vs rhers cowart 3b and Escobar at 2b.

Or if Escobar ends up being quite good defensively at 2b, then you could give one of the young guys at 3b the position outright.

Personally, I think Pennington is gonna play a bigger role that we thought and get mixed in there a fair amount.

I think you're definitely right. I envision a few developments happening.

1. Escobar is going to be much better defensively than previously reported, and Giavotlla will open the year at 2B, Choi at 1B, Cron at DH.

2. Pennington will be playing 2B 2 innings per game, and getting the weekly start at 3B and SS.

3. Cowart will be playing 3B in Salt Lake while Kubitza plays LF, 2B, 3B and 1B.

4. In May, Pujols will return, relegating Choi to bench and Cron to 1B. Choi will be pinch hitter and defensive replacement at 1B.

5. In July, Kubitza is going to hit his way onto the roster at 3B with Escobar sliding to 2B and Pennington filling the same UT role.

6. In August, Cowart is going to hit his way onto the team and be Kubitza's late inning replacement at 3B, Choi at 1B, Pennington at 2B, Gentry in LF.

Basically, there's going to be a lot of defensive maneuvering and matchup based lineups.

I think you're definitely right. I envision a few developments happening.

1. Escobar is going to be much better defensively than previously reported, and Giavotlla will open the year at 2B, Choi at 1B, Cron at DH.

2. Pennington will be playing 2B 2 innings per game, and getting the weekly start at 3B and SS.

3. Cowart will be playing 3B in Salt Lake while Kubitza plays LF, 2B, 3B and 1B.

4. In May, Pujols will return, relegating Choi to bench and Cron to 1B. Choi will be pinch hitter and defensive replacement at 1B.

5. In July, Kubitza is going to hit his way onto the roster at 3B with Escobar sliding to 2B and Pennington filling the same UT role.

6. In August, Cowart is going to hit his way onto the team and be Kubitza's late inning replacement at 3B, Choi at 1B, Pennington at 2B, Gentry in LF.

Basically, there's going to be a lot of defensive maneuvering and matchup based lineups.

Except that makes 5 bench players in August. Can only do 4 with the now normal 12 man pitching staff.