• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte waffling on going over the luxury tax.

HBMike

I don't mean to be the guy that throws water on everyone's pity party

Sure you do.

but this can't seriously be real. How would anyone really know this other than Arte? How? I highly doubt we had a deal worked out with someone and at the last second Arte said no and closed his wallet. If this was real life even then no agent would let that word out because it would mean one less big spender to drive up prices for his free agents. Obviously Eppler wouldn't tell anyone this. This truly has zero chance of being a legitimate story. Now is it true Arte feels this way, I don't know, but I highly doubt it.

If the word is coming from player reps, then there are many ways they could have inferred this that aren't as dramatic as the situation you describe. Eppler could be lowballing everyone, or just sending mixed signals about interest. Regardless, I don't think questioning their motivation gets you anywhere... some people just like to talk.

Not sure Mike D. would post it without some level of confidence. But who knows? Not us.

Yes, and that is why we have no players left to trade, that and the Simmons trade. If you think starting right now Dipoto would have the ability to be creative with this roster and make something happen, you are nuts.

Dipoto isn't the reason for the poor state of the farmsystem.

Arte is.....How else do you explain the Angels being the only team in all of baseball who refuse to give QOs? 

When's the last time we gave a QO? I seriously can't remember.

Edited by Poozy

Yes, and that is why we have no players left to trade, that and the Simmons trade. If you think starting right now Dipoto would have the ability to be creative with this roster and make something happen, you are nuts.

He got 2 lefties for Trumbo

Got a mlb catcher and sp for Hanky.

Not saying he won every trade but somehow he made shit happen.

I'm not panicking yet but if arte doesn't want to spend we're kinda screwed. Also to repeat what some have said it makes no sense to trade for Simmons if we're not spending on offense

He got 2 lefties for Trumbo

Got a mlb catcher and sp for Hanky.

Not saying he won every trade but somehow he made shit happen.

I'm not panicking yet but if arte doesn't want to spend we're kinda screwed. Also to repeat what some have said it makes no sense to trade for Simmons if we're not spending on offense

I agree.

Maybe I'm only remembering one bad Dipoto trade where the Angels lost Grichuk. And only looking at the positive where Dipoto netted:

Trop

Perez

Santiago

Heaney

Skaggs

Street

I don't get the Dipoto traded the farm comments but I could be wrong. It looks like the only tradeable assets came from Dipoto's moves. What am I missing?

Maybe I'm only remembering one bad Dipoto trade where the Angels lost Grichuk. And only looking at the positive where Dipoto netted:

Trop

Perez

Santiago

Heaney

Skaggs

Street

I don't get the Dipoto traded the farm comments but I could be wrong. It looks like the only tradeable assets came from Dipoto's moves. What am I missing?

And Grichuk is still extremely questionable at this point.

Trop

Perez

Santiago

Heaney

Skaggs

Street

You're right he didn't trade the entire farm, nor did he develop a farm.

You're right he didn't trade the entire farm, nor did he develop a farm.

And how do you think he could've done that with the limited options and flexibility he had?

The moves Theo Epstein and Friedman have been given authority to make simply weren't there for Dipoto.

Edited by Poozy

Doing more internationally and offering QOs would improve the farmsystem immensely.

That's basically what the dodgers do every year and they have the best farrmsystem in baseball.

Who would you have given a QO offer too, certainly not Freese. Well, I wouldn't I guess others would. Hunter wasn't work it back then either, not when he said he would accept a smaller role with the team for less money. In hindsight we screwed that up, but we went after Greink and ended up with Hamilton.