• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FanGraphs: Getting Mike Trout to 168.4 WAR

ettin

On a serious note, I think he gets to around 130 fWAR +/- 10 or so WAR. He's at 38.5 through age 23. Let's say he averages 8 a year through the rest of his 20s - that's 8 x 6 = 48. That brings him to 86.5 through his 20s. Then let's say he averages 6/year for the first five years of his 30s, which is another 30 fWAR (116.5 total) through age 35. For the last five years of his 30s he averages 3 a year, so that's 131.5, and then in his 40s it evens out. 130ish WAR would bring him into the same vicinity as Tris Speaker, Ted Williams and Rogers Hornsby - top 10 all-time but not top 5.

On a serious note, I think he gets to around 130 fWAR +/- 10 or so WAR. He's at 38.5 through age 23. Let's say he averages 8 a year through the rest of his 20s - that's 8 x 6 = 48. That brings him to 86.5 through his 20s. Then let's say he averages 6/year for the first five years of his 30s, which is another 30 fWAR (116.5 total) through age 35. For the last five years of his 30s he averages 3 a year, so that's 131.5, and then in his 40s it evens out. 130ish WAR would bring him into the same vicinity as Tris Speaker, Ted Williams and Rogers Hornsby - top 10 all-time but not top 5.

He's averaged around 9.5 through his first 4 years. I'd say averaging 9.0 through what is typically considered "prime" years would be a realistic bet.

He may never have a 40 HR season again. Although, I wouldn't bet against it.

Way to cover all of your bases there in case you're wrong or right. You were talking about Trout right not Bautista, Cano, Fielder, Longoria, Harper, or one of your other favorite players on your other favorite teams yes?

I think Trout has several more 40+ HR seasons. 50 isn't out of the question at some point. He's developed more power than I think anyone could have guessed.

Anyhow, Trout is one of only 24 players in major league history who have hit 40+ HR in a season at age 23 or younger. Or rather, it has been done 24 times by 20 players - Juan Gonzalez and Alex Rodriguez did it twice each, Eddie Mathews three times.

He may never have a 40 HR season again. Although, I wouldn't bet against it.

Not sure if serious but….

He's seen his home runs jump in 3 straight years, he's getting much stronger as he ages and he's selling out for power now. Based on his average home run distance, I can safely say he's one of the select few in baseball who has 50+ HR potential.